Rob Neto
Chipola Divers, LLC
Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
"Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley
I may be wrong, and correct me if I am, but havent people dove behind the grate in the recent past? Not as part of a sneak dive, but as a sanctioned event know by Ginnie. Just curious and not trying to stir any pot.
It was in 1976. I dived it before the grate several/many times. Low & silty with a clay bottom if I recall properly.
Jim Wyatt
Cavediveflorida
Jim Lockwood installed the grate, not sure on the exact year, but Jim Wyatt proly has it right![]()
Yes, thanks for correcting this. I very much agree: there are much more beautiful caves to dive than this one, plus land owner relations to me is number 1! Even if it was a nice cave I would not sneak to dive it. This would jeopardize every cave diver's access at Ginnie!
Xenia, a.k.a. Local Zip Code Diver
Bookmarks