Sorry, I am probably thinking of somewhere's else anyway.
There is no access to the cave. I know some Internet diver who thinks he's all that will probably argue that point, but really, it's just not worth trying. No point dying in the ballroom plenty of other better places to go make your name.
Originally Posted by JJ1987
I don't think there is access there either. I also agree it is worth getting in there. It is too fragile and zero viz hits quickly. I have heard stories (from old timers, not recent ones) that it is not even worth the effort to try this. Let alone land owner issues: we all enjoy Ginnie, so please to not jeopardise access for the rest of us.
Last edited by Xenia; 11-17-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: clarification
Xenia, a.k.a. Local Zip Code Diver
Even if theres is a secret way past the gate. It is an horrible Idea just because of land owner relations. Its a bad idea for open water divers seeing you do it. Its just a bad idea.
Www.artflowslikewater.com
Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."
I believe it was in the late 70's or early 80's. I would have to go back in my log books to see when for sure.
Xenia, I think you meant to write "isn't worth getting in there."
It's not a gate, it's a gRate. Gate implies it opens. It doesn't.
If there were no other fun no mount caves to dive, and if you had a a death wish, then you might want to try. However, there are thousands of caves either waiting to be explored, or that have parts still unexplored. This cave is explored, is blocked off, and any potentially possible access is highly unlikely to be usable, and if you try, there is a good chance you'll end up dead. Plus, it's bad for landowner relations. There are several much better, safer, and less explored no mount sections at Ginnie.
Sorry to have derailed this thread. I have no intentions of pushing Ginnie, it was just a conversational point.
Bookmarks