I agree. Sometimes it?s fun to post then sit back at wait for the show to begin.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Sometimes it?s fun to post then sit back at wait for the show to begin.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roadkill
Agree. I think the whole thing of calling people ?internet divers? or ?dive more post less? is a big part of it. In the past year or so I see alot more people choosing to just say those things to shut down someone?s opinion rather than having an actual discussion about it. The dive more post less just annoys me because i do about a dive a week. I dont have the luxury to dive 3 times a week as I?d like, so posting here and other places fill the void when I want a distraction from work. I think the past year of people being stuck at home has made the issue worse
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
To be fair, it's like that for just about everything, not just cave diving. And with widespread use of social media it's gotten a hell of a lot worse. With everyone getting a platform to spout their "truths", you can now choose the truth you like best and ignore the others. Which is great for avoiding those pesky cognitive dissonances.
I greatly appreciate all who post their adventures and opinions of equipment/events. Up here in the "Great White North" I am isolated from the cave community. And between Covid lockdowns, and working 4 days a week for Erie County Health Dept (I'm supposed to be @#$% retired!), I dearly miss the caves and the cave community style of life.
Please keep posting, reading your posts is one of the "happy times" of my day.
Now... about this whole back mount vs side mount thing? Or have we moved on to OC vs CCR?
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
No, it's not getting worse. The whole point was that's a net positive to have social media. I started diving in 97 and there was no social media and hardly any useful internet. Now you have access to much more information and other few points you can think about. Doesn't mean you have to believe everything.
OC Sidemount for me. Comfort thing.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roadkill
Bookmarks