Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    452

    Default New posting features

    A new feature you may not be aware of is the ability to decide what style of interface to use when writing a new post. This is sort of like in email where you can use HTML or text only...

    At the left side of the top CDF menu bar click on User CP (Control Panel pops up on left side of screen), 4th option down on left is "Edit Options", go to the very bottom of the page. Under the section "Miscellaneous Options" go to "Message Editor Interface" - you can change your interface from text to WYSIWYG by choosing "Enhanced Interface".

    When you do that you get several new features:
    • fonts
    • font sizes
    • font colors
    • undo / redo
    • lists
    • easy access to emotes, attachments, links,
      quotes
      , etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	enhancedinterface.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	2  

    Last edited by Moonfuzzy; 12-02-2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: add image

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Longwood, FLorida
    Posts
    486

    Default Attaching Photos

    I hope that attaching photos in this new setup will be simple and easy. Since this format is similar if not exactly like several other dive related websites, where photo attachment is quick and easy, it will be more enjoyable to be able to attach photo as a simple attachment. I'll attempt to attach a thumbnail with this message.
    P.S. I like this format.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	roastingmanatee.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	3  

    'You can say what you want about the South, but I ain't never heard of anyone wanting to retire to the North'

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    13

    Default

    While I was in my profile, I also changed my TIME setting (I'm in Central Time Zone) and the Display Thread option to Linear, Newest First

    _____________________________________
    Eat, Sleep and Cave Dive. Life's Essentials!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    If you look at a forum, and are missing some older posts, go to the bottom, and click on a different cutoff date (display options). I think the default is "from the month", and for some forums, it doesn't show very many posts. On real slow forums, "from the beginning" is a good choice, for others "from the year" will do.

    Last edited by FW; 12-03-2007 at 11:04 AM.
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts