Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Swapping regs

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Is that quote from Flipper?
    No, Flipper is laughing at us for using regs at all.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #22
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    I'm talking about his signature line.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  3. #23

    Default

    Yes, but Flipper don't cave dive...


  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    I'm talking about his signature line.
    It's one of Douglas Adam's books in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series. I never understood the importance of a towel until I read those books.


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA Aquamaster View Post
    It's one of Douglas Adam's books in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series. I never understood the importance of a towel until I read those books.
    Yes, towels are important.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Yes, towels are important.
    I like the one you deleted better

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I like the one you deleted better
    OK

    "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    397

    Default

    ... and the answer is 42... I love this book!

    Xenia, a.k.a. Local Zip Code Diver

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    This is an interesting thread. It would be neat to see someone video their buddy performing this skill in a pool or in clear open water. Then repeat the drill in zero viz. While the second exercise would not be a video, it could be timed for comparison...


  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    ... and the answer is 42... I love this book!
    For one Glorious Year Marci was proud to be the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything! Then she turned 43.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 04:43 PM
  2. FS: DR Regs
    By billyf in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 02:03 PM
  3. Regs
    By curtschu in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 08:05 PM
  4. FS: Regs
    By HomoErectus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 03:18 PM
  5. New Regs
    By Bob in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 02:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts