Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where to dive?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Mo
    Age
    63
    Posts
    333

    Default Where to dive?

    I'm not familiar with springs south of Manatee. If I made the trek to dive Eagles Nest, what else is there between Manatee and Eagles Nest that's worth diving? Backmount configuration.

    Chris Hill
    www.ocda.org

    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." William Wallace - Braveheart

  2. #2
    Social Co-Director
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Age
    59
    Posts
    412

    Cave Diver Arrow Where ?

    www.floridacaves.com ........have fun....be safe.....take care bro......

    Hostile Member

    Originally Posted by Tegg
    "Every hole is worth a shot."

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brooksville & Luraville, Fl.
    Posts
    102

    Default

    waynes world

    Happiness is living close to the Nest & having your weekend house next to Cow Springs!!
    TDI & SDI Instructor #16934, PADI - Tec/Rec #MSDT 271247
    Cavern, Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Deep, Trimix

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    ...party time, excellent... whoo whoo whooo.





    Sorry.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Mo
    Age
    63
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    ...party time, excellent... whoo whoo whooo.





    Sorry.
    Yeah, I wanna dive with those guys!

    BTW, maybe we'll run across your path next month. We'll be diving all over NFL Nov 12 - 18. Hoping to get in an Oriskany dive on the way down on Nov 12, then rinse all that salt water off in the fresh water springs. After 9 months of 50 degrees, 25 ft vis and trimix diving, I'm ready for Florida water!

    Chris Hill
    www.ocda.org

    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." William Wallace - Braveheart

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Uh, he said Backmount. Wayne's World isn't very backmount friendly.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chilldive View Post
    BTW, maybe we'll run across your path next month. We'll be diving all over NFL Nov 12 - 18. Hoping to get in an Oriskany dive on the way down on Nov 12, then rinse all that salt water off in the fresh water springs. After 9 months of 50 degrees, 25 ft vis and trimix diving, I'm ready for Florida water!
    I'll be diving somewhere around there, so keep an eye out


  8. #8
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Uh, he said Backmount. Wayne's World isn't very backmount friendly.
    Yes it is.

    Just requires "more care" in certain passages.

    There are sidemount places, then again that is the same for many caves... Mainstreet and a lot of the original passages were all explored backmount.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."


 

Similar Threads

  1. ABWA - Dive Report - One dive closer to cavern!
    By mwhities in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 08:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts