Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Both threads are still up. One has been moved to the incidend section.
    It was down earlier today. It’s back up now


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Both threads are still up. One has been moved to the incidend section.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    It was down earlier today. It’s back up now
    Yep.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Why do you guys never complain about snowflake protection policy and the heavy handed curation of information on SB? It almost seems like some of you have it out for either Forrest of some of the other mods. Also, keep in mind that this is a free forum and from where I'm sitting it looks like in the States you can really be sued for anything.

    You guys should be happy that there is a forum for cave divers. On every other place 70% of the posts begin (or should begin) with 'I've never been in a cave, but ...'


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PfcAJ View Post
    Jiggery pokery in the finest.
    You kids are kinky!

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Why do you guys never complain about snowflake protection policy and the heavy handed curation of information on SB? It almost seems like some of you have it out for either Forrest of some of the other mods. Also, keep in mind that this is a free forum and from where I'm sitting it looks like in the States you can really be sued for anything.

    You guys should be happy that there is a forum for cave divers. On every other place 70% of the posts begin (or should begin) with 'I've never been in a cave, but ...'
    on here about 70% of the posts begin with "for sale" right now because of "dive more, post less". There is almost no active discussion on here anymore....


  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    on here about 70% of the posts begin with "for sale" right now because of "dive more, post less". There is almost no active discussion on here anymore....

    That's all forums now, not just here and not just diving forums.


    'dive more, post less' has a lot less to do with it than FB and social media culture.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    on here about 70% of the posts begin with "for sale" right now because of "dive more, post less". There is almost no active discussion on here anymore....
    You're talking traffic in general though. That's not what I was getting at.

    I don't think it's because of these stickers. I think it's more likely that the people who have been diving for longer are getting somewhat bored with forums in general because stuff is being repeated over and over again. (I mean how many times do you what to read my ranting about how sh!tty xdeep gear is). And I think the newer and younger crowd tends to go on facebook and maybe reddit more. All dive forums that I'm aware of, including the European once, are much quieter than they used to be.


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    You're talking traffic in general though. That's not what I was getting at.

    I don't think it's because of these stickers. I think it's more likely that the people who have been diving for longer are getting somewhat bored with forums in general because stuff is being repeated over and over again. (I mean how many times do you what to read my ranting about how sh!tty xdeep gear is). And I think the newer and younger crowd tends to go on facebook and maybe reddit more. All dive forums that I'm aware of, including the European once, are much quieter than they used to be.
    I'm here for the entertainment... ok thats a lie.. I'm here for the knowledge transfer (and the entertainment) I've noticed a down trend in posts... but just figured that it was the same as any forum. It is amazing that CDF and ScubaBoard are as active as they are with everyone moving to Facebook (or off it as of late). With the recent accident and the posts that followed it I found value even as an open circuit diver.

    Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    You're talking traffic in general though. That's not what I was getting at.

    I don't think it's because of these stickers. I think it's more likely that the people who have been diving for longer are getting somewhat bored with forums in general because stuff is being repeated over and over again. (I mean how many times do you what to read my ranting about how sh!tty xdeep gear is). And I think the newer and younger crowd tends to go on facebook and maybe reddit more. All dive forums that I'm aware of, including the European once, are much quieter than they used to be.
    yet those people are quite active on facebook doing the same thing...


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twaldo View Post
    With the recent accident and the posts that followed it I found value even as an open circuit diver.
    What have you learned?

    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    those people are quite active on facebook doing the same thing...
    What people?
    It's the same stuff on fb over and over again too. Unless you're new to diving it's gets old pretty fast.
    But than again, that not what I was getting at.



 

Similar Threads

  1. What has happened to...
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 04:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts