Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default what happened to the ginnie thread?

    was it a hipaa violation?


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    was it a hipaa violation?
    Not really. It is an active police investigation, and we were asked to remove the thread.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    357

    Default

    There is a huge thread on SB about the accident mostly discussing the cocktail of small town politics, cliques, and big ego paralyzing the cave diver community. Can we prove them wrong?


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    So the public thread about the incident is taken down, but the thread in the private section with the specific details has been removed? Not sure I understand how that works.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    So the public thread about the incident is taken down, but the thread in the private section with the specific details has been removed? Not sure I understand how that works.
    Both threads are still up. One has been moved to the incidend section.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Both threads are still up. One has been moved to the incidend section.
    It was down earlier today. It’s back up now


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Both threads are still up. One has been moved to the incidend section.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    It was down earlier today. It’s back up now
    Yep.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Why do you guys never complain about snowflake protection policy and the heavy handed curation of information on SB? It almost seems like some of you have it out for either Forrest of some of the other mods. Also, keep in mind that this is a free forum and from where I'm sitting it looks like in the States you can really be sued for anything.

    You guys should be happy that there is a forum for cave divers. On every other place 70% of the posts begin (or should begin) with 'I've never been in a cave, but ...'
    I complain about pete all the time my dude I just don't post that often.
    these threads are of interest to me because I've done an IUCRR recovery before and seen it first hand. The officer on scene never told anyone not to say anything and was barely interested in what we were doing. We were muzzled, and when someone finally provided a report on that one, i wasn't too keen on what they said.

    I've done recoveries on both sides of this philosophy. seen it both ways


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,Tx
    Posts
    240

    Default

    I don't remember seeing any incident details in the discussion. In fact I thought the whole thread was about the lack of details.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I don't remember seeing any incident details in the discussion. In fact I thought the whole thread was about the lack of details.
    Other than the name that was announced by ted when he announced the memorial, there werent any details in this thread. The private thread with the details is still up. Thats why I?m confused. Seems backwards.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. What has happened to...
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 04:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts