Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default WTB: suit heater

    looking to see if anyone has a system or any components they are looking to part with... prefer the Light monkey setup (suit bulkhead and pack with pitkin controller).

    Hit me up if you got one that needs a home.

    Matt


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    I’ve got a uwld controller I bought a while back and haven’t used. $250


  3. #3

    Default

    I got DUI BlueHeat - everything heated - gloves, socks, garments + battery with canister + controller + bulkhead for the suit + original documentation and box. $2000. Size S.


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I’ve got a uwld controller I bought a while back and haven’t used. $250
    Still have the controller?


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haaginheimer View Post
    Still have the controller?
    No, sold


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Just curious. How long does the dive have to be for you guys to take a heater?


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Just curious. How long does the dive have to be for you guys to take a heater?
    It also depends on whether you are on a scooter, and how cold the water is.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Just curious. How long does the dive have to be for you guys to take a heater?
    for me... anything around 2-3 hours I'm getting cold, especially if there is a lot of scootering. Also dependant on the cave/water temp. for example, at JB where it is 68-69 degrees... 2 hours and i'm frozen. At Ginnie where it is 72 I can go 3 hours before getting cold. Amazing what just a couple of degrees can do.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    for me... anything around 2-3 hours I'm getting cold, especially if there is a lot of scootering. Also dependant on the cave/water temp. for example, at JB where it is 68-69 degrees... 2 hours and i'm frozen. At Ginnie where it is 72 I can go 3 hours before getting cold. Amazing what just a couple of degrees can do.
    You should try scootering in 42 degree water. I ended up getting a Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    St Pete, Fl
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    for me... anything around 2-3 hours I'm getting cold, especially if there is a lot of scootering. Also dependant on the cave/water temp. for example, at JB where it is 68-69 degrees... 2 hours and i'm frozen. At Ginnie where it is 72 I can go 3 hours before getting cold. Amazing what just a couple of degrees can do.
    If its planned for longer than 4, I take it.

    Its critical to have a quality undergarment and a quality hood.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Looking to buy a heater pack
    By NORTHEAST in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2017, 09:51 AM
  2. SANTI Heater bulkhead
    By armstrong in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2016, 07:09 AM
  3. Santi Heater Connector For Sale
    By harmstrong in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2015, 08:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts