Two days after the accident in Fontanazzi, first report was made public and it stated clearly that the diving had been planned and conducted the wrong way. We, polish instructors, have been pointing out the standards violation according to it to IANTD and it was all in vain!
As you can see above, 150 divers and IANTD instructors have signed the recent protest so far. Our demands aren't exaggerated - we merely want IANTD QA Board to reason their statement and the instructor involved be re - suspended until the prosecutor's office official investigation is followed through.
As a reward for this adamant endevour on explaining the circumstances of the accident, I have been punished by expulsion from among the IANTD instructors, and the rest of the instructors have been given obedience forms to be signed, that oblige them to succumb to every decision IANTD is to make. Refusal to sign the form is threatened with refusal of prolonging the elibigility to teach on the subsequent year.
We come from a small country in Eastern Europe, but that doesn't give anyone right to belittle us. We can, of course, move into another federation and we are likely to do so, but should we do, this would be voluntary.
I am accused on acting in unethical way, because I object to the unfair blaming the deceased student for the accident. So now I ask: how would you describe IANTD QA Board distortion of the truth, the decision made under the cover of anonymity?


Reply With Quote




Bookmarks