Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    LP80s has already been said. Awesome sidemount tank!!!!! Love the short length versus lp85s. Another plus is they function well as a stage if you want more gas than an AL80. They aren't real heavy with a cave fill as a stage,but provide lots of gas.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Forsyth, GA
    Posts
    559

    Default

    they look like LP66 to me, I have 4 of those around. Pumped to 3500 and they are nice...I use them for rec diving mostly

    Chris Richardson

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cerich View Post
    they look like LP66 to me, I have 4 of those around. Pumped to 3500 and they are nice...I use them for rec diving mostly
    That was my guess. The length would help.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    LP80s has already been said. Awesome sidemount tank!!!!! Love the short length versus lp85s. Another plus is they function well as a stage if you want more gas than an AL80. They aren't real heavy with a cave fill as a stage,but provide lots of gas.
    I have a set just like them, Faber 80s set up for sidemount, born 1997, 2015 Hydro and VIP, just had them galvanized so they look gooid. I'm using 85s, 108s, and 120s for sidemount so don't need the 80s. Bill

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Tank height is about 24.5 inches still think they are LP 80s? Or LP 66?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    Tank height is about 24.5 inches still think they are LP 80s? Or LP 66?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    LP66s are only 21", LP80s are 24" (not including valve)

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #17
    chuuk
    Guest

    Default

    check on the fare side of the main writing on the tank and see if there are some letters and numbers


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    they are out to hydro now... perhaps Faber will give me an official answer before they come back. I'm leaning towards the LP80... or at least hoping that's what they are. I didn't get to measure them myself, as I had already dropped them off, but I called the guy at the shop and asked him to measure.. he said "uh.. .they are 24 or 25" from the floor to the top of the neck".


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Still a mystery to me...

    I got a response from Faber... they simply replied:

    "The cylinder is a 11.9 liter, diameter 184 mm, pressure 2400 psi"

    Well, I pretty much failed at math so of course I replied to ask... "how many cubic feet of breathing gas @2400psi?" I figured this is his profession so I should get a pretty straight forward answer. His reply,

    "Cubic foot capacities for scuba cylinders are nominal and actual volume depends on settled pressure, temperature and specific gas being filled.

    Based on the liter size and working pressure of 2400 PSI it would be approximately 72 CF breathing air. "

    So I'm kinda still stumped. somebody help out the blonde guy please. These are 72's?

    Last edited by IowaCaveDiver; 08-22-2016 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typo

  10. #20

    Default

    I think those that guessed 66 are correct.

    This might help...


    12 litre = 0.424 cf
    2250psi tank... 64 cf
    3000psi tank... 86 cf
    3300psi tank... 94 cf
    3500psi tank... 100cf



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. Mystery to me...
    By Herbie in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 06:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts