Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Anybody want to buy some tanks?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Not quite. Remember tank capacities are based on their + rating (2640 psi or 182 bar for this one). At that pressure it's 77cf or about an AL80 so they probably marketed it as an 80.

    I wouldn't mind having a set of these for the winter months if they were in Austin. Tank Factor 2.9 would be 104cf @ 3600 psi ... 208cf for a twinset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draker View Post
    I think those that guessed 66 are correct.

    This might help...


    12 litre = 0.424 cf
    2250psi tank... 64 cf
    3000psi tank... 86 cf
    3300psi tank... 94 cf
    3500psi tank... 100cf



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    OMS 66, 2400 psi +10%, 66cu ft at +10%, 7" dia, 21" high, 25 lb empty w/o valve, -1.67 buoyancy empty, -5.15 buoy full, 10 liters
    Faber 80, 2400 psi +10%, 78cu ft at +10%, 7.25" dia, 24" high, 30 lb empty w/o valve, -1.7 buoyancy empty, -7.55 buoy full, 12 liters

    Sorry James, I think we were both wrong.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    OMS 66, 2400 psi +10%, 66cu ft at +10%, 7" dia, 21" high, 25 lb empty w/o valve, -1.67 buoyancy empty, -5.15 buoy full, 10 liters
    Faber 80, 2400 psi +10%, 78cu ft at +10%, 7.25" dia, 24" high, 30 lb empty w/o valve, -1.7 buoyancy empty, -7.55 buoy full, 12 liters

    Sorry James, I think we were both wrong.

    11.9L vs 12L ... hard to say. Hence my suggestion to just fill it up with water to find out. It's fresh out of hydro anyways...


    I wouldn't turn those tanks down.


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    They are out getting hydro now... I guess I'm bummed because I really thought I found a sweet little set of LP 85's. I wish the seller had done his homework prior to me making a trip to Tampa. Now I'm elbows deep in these tanks so I might as well get them up and "running" and dive them a few times before finding them a new home. I've got a set of PST LP80's that are my favorite tanks for swimming, so if they dive similar to those (buoyancy characteristics and gas capacity wise) they will earn a spot in my garage... otherwise you'll see them posted in the gear exchange.

    P.S. You guys gave me a headache with all that math and numbers crap....


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    They are out getting hydro now... I guess I'm bummed because I really thought I found a sweet little set of LP 85's. I wish the seller had done his homework prior to me making a trip to Tampa. Now I'm elbows deep in these tanks so I might as well get them up and "running" and dive them a few times before finding them a new home. I've got a set of PST LP80's that are my favorite tanks for swimming, so if they dive similar to those (buoyancy characteristics and gas capacity wise) they will earn a spot in my garage... otherwise you'll see them posted in the gear exchange.

    P.S. You guys gave me a headache with all that math and numbers crap....
    Won't the hydro guy know exactly what tanks they are? Or am I just spoiled because I only use Dave


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bartow, FL
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    80s. Done.

    If you want to sell them for a reasonable price, I'm in. But at "elbows deep" I kinda doubt it....

    Bob


  8. #28
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Pressed Steels and Fabers are usually as different as night and day. Dive them. You may love them, you may hate them. But there's no way to know for sure until you dive them.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Pressed Steels and Fabers are usually as different as night and day. Dive them. You may love them, you may hate them. But there's no way to know for sure until you dive them.
    Best advice so far.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    I'll hang onto them and dive them a few times... we'll see

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. Mystery to me...
    By Herbie in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 06:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts