Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood_60 View Post
    Don't forget to post a condition report when you get home !!!!!

    TJ (2)
    When I get out of cavediving, it will be to learn how to use a walker FW

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Let's don't get political. See rule #6.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Let's don't get political. See rule #6.
    There are no politics in cave diving.


    ...And the world is flat.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Agreed. Making plans now for 2 that I know of in my area that are most likely affected...
    Aren't they operated by private concession on behalf of the national park system? Then it is up to contractor to decide to work or not to work. Unfortunately they are living on property and for a long time treat it as their own private land with exception of business hours. Now they don't have to even open gates but I'm sure they will call local deputy on trespassers.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I heard all the National Park Trails were closed. Tell me this, who's gonna catch you?

    If cave diving were Star Wars, who would be Yoda?

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    How many caves are in FEDERAL parks? Florida, county and local parks are still in business. Planning on diving in a Navy Base?
    The Arizona would make a nice wreck dive........


  7. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    I heard all the National Park Trails were closed. Tell me this, who's gonna catch you?
    They send the interpretive and clerical staff home. The law enforcement staff would be essential. Still the local news this morning talked about the people who were going jogging on the Mt. Vernon trail, despite it being closed. People parking in the closed lots WERE going to be ticketed/towed. But maybe the joggers wouldn't be run down if they jogged from the surrounding neighborhoods.

    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

  8. #18
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARY View Post
    Aren't they operated by private concession on behalf of the national park system? Then it is up to contractor to decide to work or not to work. Unfortunately they are living on property and for a long time treat it as their own private land with exception of business hours. Now they don't have to even open gates but I'm sure they will call local deputy on trespassers.
    No worries... It will be worth it.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter View Post
    The Arizona would make a nice wreck dive........
    The military Is still working, and MP don't have that annoying provision called police brutallity. Have fun.


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    How many caves are in FEDERAL parks? Florida, county and local parks are still in business. Planning on diving in a Navy Base?
    A metric #### ton



 

Similar Threads

  1. Air SHUT OFF at Ginnie!!
    By Mike Edmonston in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts