Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Panama City Florida
    Posts
    481

    Default Federal government shut-down

    With the feds shut-down I can think of several places to go diving. Not the Outlaw Caver for no reason......lol


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawCaver View Post
    With the feds shut-down I can think of several places to go diving. Not the Outlaw Caver for no reason......lol

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Let me know if you need a buddy....

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  4. #4
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Agreed. Making plans now for 2 that I know of in my area that are most likely affected...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Agreed. Making plans now for 2 that I know of in my area that are most likely affected...
    Aren't they operated by private concession on behalf of the national park system? Then it is up to contractor to decide to work or not to work. Unfortunately they are living on property and for a long time treat it as their own private land with exception of business hours. Now they don't have to even open gates but I'm sure they will call local deputy on trespassers.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  6. #6
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARY View Post
    Aren't they operated by private concession on behalf of the national park system? Then it is up to contractor to decide to work or not to work. Unfortunately they are living on property and for a long time treat it as their own private land with exception of business hours. Now they don't have to even open gates but I'm sure they will call local deputy on trespassers.
    No worries... It will be worth it.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Personally, I wouldn't advertise anything

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #8

    Default

    Considering the shutdown, do we still have to pay federal taxes?


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trey R View Post
    Considering the shutdown, do we still have to pay federal taxes?
    Hmmm, there doesn't seem to be a big enough emoticon for that one....

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    How many caves are in FEDERAL parks? Florida, county and local parks are still in business. Planning on diving in a Navy Base?

    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Air SHUT OFF at Ginnie!!
    By Mike Edmonston in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts