Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Spring Lake, MI
    Age
    67
    Posts
    403

    Default Looking Forward to a Michigan Winter!

    I am planning to spend the month of January in Puerto Aventuras. I am hoping that a month is long enough to slow down the pace, renew friendships, check out Ela & Adam's new Dive Shop in Tulum (which is now under construction), walk a few beaches... of course, all of that between cave dives!

    As a pastor I am amazed that some of my best communions with God are when I am in the underworld!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    So you're planning to admire the Michigan winter from a distance - that might be the best way!

    Mike


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    trade you the Michigan winters for the florida summers


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    So you're planning to admire the Michigan winter from a distance - that might be the best way!

    Mike
    That's what I've been dong for 6 winters now!! Won't bother me if I never see another snowflake!!

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    I'll be in Akumal in January myself....looking forward to it.

    As to winter, I'll take an Ohio winter over a Florida summer any day of the week!

    There are 3 kinds of people in this world; those who are good at math, and those who are not.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Spring Lake, MI
    Age
    67
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I'll be in Akumal in January myself....looking forward to it.

    As to winter, I'll take an Ohio winter over a Florida summer any day of the week!
    PM sent.

    As a pastor I am amazed that some of my best communions with God are when I am in the underworld!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Geneva Indiana
    Posts
    714

    Default

    I used to be a die hard cold water fanatic. But then I went to north Florida........and the rest is history.
    We are planning Mexico for 2011 and possibly 2012 as well. I am looking forward to going back.
    I visited in 2007 when I was a mere OW and now it will be for real cave diving. I am ready to roll..
    JCG


  8. #8
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I'll take an Ohio winter over a Florida summer any day of the week!
    I'll take a Florida summer over... anything!

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    A few weeks ago, it was hotter in Michigan than it was in Florida

    FWIW, the annual (and generally the daily) temperature swing is a lot less in Florida than Michigan. Why do you think so many northeners move to FL?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Spring Lake, MI
    Age
    67
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    A few weeks ago, it was hotter in Michigan than it was in Florida

    FWIW, the annual (and generally the daily) temperature swing is a lot less in Florida than Michigan. Why do you think so many northeners move to FL?
    For Concealed Carry Permits?

    As a pastor I am amazed that some of my best communions with God are when I am in the underworld!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Who said Florida is warm in the Winter
    By deanme in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 05:35 AM
  2. Traverse from New Mexico to Lake Michigan
    By icestac in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 09:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts