http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58a_1258590957
Apparently from Cenote Angelita, Mexico?
Craziness. I had some photos from the Russian divers sit but I lost the URL...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58a_1258590957
Apparently from Cenote Angelita, Mexico?
Craziness. I had some photos from the Russian divers sit but I lost the URL...
Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.
That is way too much trouble to download, and convert. Can someone give a synopsis?
I'm going to have to find the good photos, but here are some others:
http://www.awoosh.com/Mexico%20Caver...%20Gallery.htm
It's basically a hydrogen sulfide layer in a cave that gives a REALLY neat photo impression of being a river almost. The air clear water in the cave lends to the impression. Pretty neat looking visual effect.
Sorry about the movie, I picked it up off a general link/photoblog and didn't check to see the format.
Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.
I can't read original photographers site to get into the right gallery, but tecdive.ru is the host.
Here's another posting showing some of his images which is what really caught my eye.
http://thechive.com/2009/11/surreal-...-4-pics-1-vid/
Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.
I managed to see the pix from the awoosh link. Thanks!
The other link is blocked by our firewall:
Notification
Request Blocked by URL Filter Database
Your request to URL "http://thechive.com/2009/11/surreal-underwater-river-4-pics-1-vid/" has been blocked by the Webwasher URL Filter Database. The URL is listed under categories (Entertainment, Provocative Attire, Blogs/Wiki), which are not allowed by your administrator at this time. The following reputation level was assigned to it: Neutral.URL Filter Database serial number: 20059 generated 20/Nov/2009:13:12:55 +0000 by maytag01.dekalb.k12.ga.us (McAfee Web Gateway 6.8.5 Build 5188)
Yeah, TheChive.com isn't too work friendy of a site unfortunately![]()
Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.
Ok so i have debated on if i need to say this or not but i'm going to go ahead and say it. How does the hydrogen sulfied becomed layerd like that? Under that layer is there more cave or is that the bottom? Just curious
Joseph
There is no limit. We'll always find a way to go deeper and deeper. That's been the pattern all along.
--Sheck Exley
It's gotta be the bottom of the cave. With all that vegetation in the system it must be rotting and producing the sulfide. At least that is my guess. We see that layer in some of the quarries we dive up in Wisconsin.
It reminds me a little of a cave on Cozumel called Aerolito (Areolito...everyone spells differently). The freshwater flows a little on top of the salt. There is a section in the cave that has this cool white/yellow bacteria on the ceiling and you can see the fresh water flowing on the ceiling like a river with the bacteria waving in the flow. It hits a rock at one point and flows down, then up, looking like an inverted waterfall. Pretty neat.
Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.
I can't speak for that particular cave, but it may not be the bottom. I have swam through HS layers, and found lots more cave under them. FWIW, that stuff is TOXIC!. Not just to you, but also your gear. I have had to replace stainless steel parts in my backup regulators because they rusted. No Russell, I didn't forget to rinse my gear![]()
Bookmarks