Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Groningen, Holland
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post

    "Restriction: A narrowing that is not large enough for two divers to swim through together (this is a minor restriction). A major restriction requires gear removal to negotiate."
    A major restriction requires gear removal or manipulation to negotiate.

    NACD and GUE instructor

    http://www.tuimelaar.eu/

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Age
    62
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    That would have made for a short weekend :/
    Yeah, you're right


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gainesville Fl.
    Posts
    500

    Default Restriction

    So, Rocky Horror is a "minor" restriction? I would think that how far it goes on should count for something.


  4. #24
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogDiver View Post
    A minor restriction is when your buddy is stuck.

    A major restriction is when your stuck.
    Now that was funny!

    a.k.a. Florida Cave Diver

  5. #25

    Default

    Minor restriction: Locked gate at the site entry.

    Major restriction: Wife says we can't afford a cave trip right now.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    A major restriction requires gear removal or manipulation to negotiate.
    That's how I always understood it.

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BgDadddy View Post
    Yeah, but we're talking about intro divers.

    I remember when I was a new intro diver, I never got too far away from that sucker. I almost never got out of sight of it (except for the bypass I'm talking about here).
    Sounds like you never made it through the bypass. The exit is smaller than the "Key Hole" so your whole idea of using that as an alternative doesn't make sense.

    A restriction for some might not be a restriction for others. If you define the Key Hole as a minor restriction then what do you call the Ear?


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    400

    Default

    You're thinking about the keyhole bypass on the left side (as you're heading in). I have done that and it might be the tightest thing I have ever gone through.

    The one I'm referring to though is on the right. As you are getting to the keyhole, go right and you will come to a small hill that is pretty open. Go down the hill and it will put you right back on the line, after the keyhole.

    Two very different routes.

    Rick

  9. #29

    Default

    Unless you know of a different bypass, I believe we are talking about the same one on the right as you are going in.

    If my memory stands correct and 85% of the time I can't remember what I did 2 minutes ago so I'm probably wrong. I thought it starts out wide open and turns to the left and goes down to the exit back to the main line where it narrows to an opening smaller than the Key Hole.


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Way too far from cave country
    Age
    46
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister481 View Post
    Minor restriction: Locked gate at the site entry.

    Major restriction: Wife says we can't afford a cave trip right now.
    This depends on you, could be the otherway around.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck in a restriction
    By IRAP Administrator in forum Incident Reporting and Analysis Project (IRAP)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 08:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts