Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eramosakarst View Post
    Thanks for sharing that... spectacular dive and a very pretty cave.

    On the subject of restrictions-does anyone know where the article on Branford spring is>? I think maybe Ron Simmons or Jason Richards might have written it ??
    I just did a quick search, but couldn't find it. I think it was called "The Littlest Spring" and it was Jason Richards that wrote it.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #42
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I just did a quick search, but couldn't find it. I think it was called "The Littlest Spring" and it was Jason Richards that wrote it.
    You are correct, sir.

    http://www.iantd.com/cavediving/branford.html

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I just did a quick search, but couldn't find it. I think it was called "The Littlest Spring" and it was Jason Richards that wrote it.
    A BIG thanks to Forrest and Shirley!! I remembered it was a fascinating read-my memory was correct LOL I saved it as a PDF this time so I can't lose it-too bad the map is not posted anymore though


    not that would ever fit . I am chest squeezed at 14" as my North American shaved panda physique is definitely NOT made for caving despite my passions and obsessions.Once again Jason goes where few have and can

    Last edited by Arnold Mesiser; 07-17-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: one too many LOL

  4. #44
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Yep, I was disappointed about the map, too. The map notes are great! Maybe Jason still has the map around somewhere and will share <<<crossing fingers>>>

    That was great read! Jason....man! Write a book!


    "North American shaved panda" OMG!! What a mental image! ROFLMAO!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post

    Made my day !!!

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vastervik, Sweden
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eramosakarst View Post
    please do!! I wish there was more on the net about your beautiful cold systems-some really challenging and fascinating cave dives going on in your part of the world.Are any surveys posted any where? for Sweden/Norway etc?
    I'll have a chat with our expedition leader and see if we got this years raport ready yet, and translated to english. We got a 3D map over the system, but not on the website yet.

    www.nordproduktion.se
    www.expeditionbjuralven.se
    Underwater video productions in could water

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    You can find the map on TampaDiving, here's a link to it.

    http://www.tampadiving.com/sections/...ord_spring.jpg

    Thanks for the read, I really enjoyed it.


  8. #48
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Thanks Mat!

    Jason...you do some beautiful work, man!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  9. #49
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lake City FL
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Thanks Matt

    Very nice reed Matt. Thanks for posting the link.

    Jason some really nice work. Someplace very very few would try.


  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Heber Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    144

    Default

    While we're on the subject of restrictions, I wonder how the entrance to Cannonball is defined. I've heard some refer to it as a minor restriction and some say it's not since it's technically possible for two divers to get in side by side (albeit with considerable difficulty). All I know is that in backmount it sure feels like one! We've always just clawed our way in single file and regrouped in the big room just inside. To anyone familiar with CB, what's your opinion?

    "See! If GEICO had taken THAT approach instead of saying it's so easy a CAVEDIVER could do it, I wouldn't be having an existential MELTDOWN right now!"


 

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck in a restriction
    By IRAP Administrator in forum Incident Reporting and Analysis Project (IRAP)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 08:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts