Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    I asked about this, and found ot that the surveymonkey web site has a built in cootie filter, and girls (who are known carriers of cooties) cant get past the filter.

    BTW, why would anyone spend their time on a site called surveymonkey. Monkey's cant survey hell, they cant even level the transit.

    LOL! I hope the cootie filter works both ways, to keep the monkeys from spreading their nasty monkey cooties and flinging their feces at people.

    I occasionally serve as a survey monkey for a friend who's a surveyor. My part of the job is lugging gear up mountainsides and through swamps, standing in mud or pricker bushes ignoring the mosquitos and black flies, holding the prism very still, and running the dumb end of the tape. His part of the job is peering through the transit muttering distractedly to himself, telling me where to go and where to hold the prism, and correcting me when I call his machine a transit. ("It's a theodolite!") He calls the friends that he talks into doing this "survey monkeys", as in, "I've got a job on Spruce Mountain; you want to monkey for me tomorrow? I have noticed that on the bill we are referred to as "Field Survey Technicians". So, you don't have to be able to survey (or even level the transit, er, theodolite) to be a survey monkey.

    Maybe my next career will be tank monkey!

    Mike


  2. #32
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    I asked about this, and found ot that the surveymonkey web site has a built in cootie filter, and girls (who are known carriers of cooties) cant get past the filter.

    BTW, why would anyone spend their time on a site called surveymonkey. Monkey's cant survey hell, they cant even level the transit.
    Hehehe...no such cootie filter on CDF! Muwah! Muwah! Muwah! Now you have girl cooties all over your screen!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post


    Hehehe...no such cootie filter on CDF! Muwah! Muwah! Muwah! Now you have girl cooties all over your screen!

    Yeech, I guess I now have to get my cyber screen cleaner working!

    http://doglickingscreen.com/

    Last edited by FW; 06-01-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Tried to make picture show, didn't work.
    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    If nothing else, College Diver and his friend will have an interesting insight into the minds of cavedivers after reading this thread.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #35
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    I asked about this, and found ot that the surveymonkey web site has a built in cootie filter, and girls (who are known carriers of cooties) cant get past the filter.
    Last Friday I had lunch with my usual group. One guy won't have lunch with me, if it's just the two of us and I tease him MERCILESSLY over that. MERCILESSLY. So bad that he actually will have lunch with me now.

    So on Friday, we sat down at the booth and I made room on my side for the other guy. He mentioned cooties, but sat down anyway. I immediately sprinkled cooties all over him, quite liberally! Cooties, cooties, cooties!


  6. #36
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    Last Friday I had lunch with my usual group. One guy won't have lunch with me, if it's just the two of us and I tease him MERCILESSLY over that. MERCILESSLY. So bad that he actually will have lunch with me now.

    So on Friday, we sat down at the booth and I made room on my side for the other guy. He mentioned cooties, but sat down anyway. I immediately sprinkled cooties all over him, quite liberally! Cooties, cooties, cooties!
    Be careful, Barbi, that could backfire! Some guys actually LIKE girl cooties!!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  7. #37
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    The next time I see you two I'll make sure I have CP written in ink on the back of my hand.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #38
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    Be careful, Barbi, that could backfire! Some guys actually LIKE girl cooties!!
    I was telling the Mikes out at Jackson.... If a guy in interested in me, then he's a FREAK. He should think what that says about himself.

    However, I would gladly sprinkle cooties on a guy, if I could get some dive gear in exchange!!!!!!


  9. #39
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    The next time I see you two I'll make sure I have CP written in ink on the back of my hand.
    And just WHERE were you? I expected to see you at a workshop function, but nooooooooooo.

    CP? Cooties protection?


  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    The next time I see you two I'll make sure I have CP written in ink on the back of my hand.
    Let me guess - Cootie Proof?

    Mike



 

Similar Threads

  1. "Side Mount Cave diving"
    By akioMtFuji in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts