Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Dive Outpost

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Congratulations Cathy...

    People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee alot. - Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Tracy and I have been spending most of every October and February at Dive Outpost for the last 15 years. Cathy has become a good friend. We're happy that she can retire, but sad that an era has come to an end.

    Fortunately Adam and Kate are good folks; cave divers who understand the vibe of the place. I'm confident that they'll do a great job and keep Dive Outpost the special place and home away from home that it has been for so many of us.

    Mike
    DITTO!!!
    Sad for us but happy for her.

    Jeano

    P.S. Thanks for the good news on deco cookies

    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Bandit the dive shop dog apparently comes with the deal, too.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Citrus County, FL
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Last time I spoke with her when I was there, she'd mentioned selling it all, but I didn't know it would be completed so quickly!

    I wish her the best of luck and thanks for so many great memories!


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    41
    Posts
    313

    Default

    First off congratulations Cathy, you more than deserve to get to retire and spend some time with family!

    I knew this day would come, and even though I am super happy for Cathy, I will miss her hospitality and how she has made the Dive Outpost feel like a second home for me and my buddies for many years. Thank you for everything, you have been a huge factor in how much I have come to love diving trips to cave country.

    I don't know Adam & Kate yet, but am excited to get to know them and see what the next chapter of the Dive Outpost has in store!


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Has Kathy left NFL yet? she is not allowed to go without a proper "send off". I think we need to band together and throw a "bon-voyage" party for Kathy. Anybody know what her plans are?


  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    I have been assured that the Dive Outpost tradition of Deco Cookies will continue.
    Glad to see this as I was concerned...!
    I've always enjoyed and appreciated my talks with Cathy and will miss her. Safe travels and enjoy life!


  8. #18
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Well, I know she will be around Saturday the 16th. I can't think of a better excuse to leave DEMA on the last day and go say bye to Cathy and Hello to the new owner!

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  9. #19

    Default

    Haven't been down to cave country in a few years, but over the 20+ years that I did travel down, Cathy and Dive Outpost were always there for us. Hate to see the community lose her, and her deco cookies. Wish her the best in retirement and wish the new owners the best going forward. They probably know they have big shoes to fill!

    Best wishes from Chris and Jim, Harry's old dive buddies.....


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    I was told she was sticking around till january to help the transition. Is that not true anymore?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. Dive Outpost?
    By Me in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 07:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts