Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 402
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Eagan, MN
    Posts
    62

    Default

    On a tangent, I submitted our article on sump rescue to UWS two weeks ago but haven't heard anything back yet.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default


    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    I wonder who the British cave divers are.


  4. #14

    Default

    Robert Charlie Harper, Richard William Stanton and John Volamthen from Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation (DCRO)


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    I wonder who the British cave divers are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiCaveDiver View Post
    Robert Charlie Harper, Richard William Stanton and John Volamthen from Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation (DCRO)
    I just got that same information from the CDG. I know Rick and John. I have actually dived with Rick. Not that is makes much difference, but Rick Stantton is Welsh section, not Derbyshire.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    And now the US military has joined the search. https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=56226527


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Today's story, they are still trapped, but the community is posting their love for the boys.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44652576

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I was just contacted by a Canadian television network. They want to do an interview with me about the rescue attempt.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #19

    Default

    Are any of these military rescue people actually trained in Cave Diving. Seems to me they are wasting precious time and should send in people who actually Cave and sump dive not useless military Divers.

    Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://dr-ss.com
    Aquavista Films LLC.
    http://www.aquavistafilms.com

  10. #20
    Ozark Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    146

    Default

    I wonder why no American cave divers or organizations have been asked to join the efforts. Like, perhaps members of the IUCRR. Would this be unreasonable? This has been going on for days now, plenty of time to employ other resources, right?



 

Similar Threads

  1. Why Trapped Cave Divers Call Edd
    By PBrown in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-18-2018, 10:02 AM
  2. Complex complex circuit traverse at Ginnie
    By John L. in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 09:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts