Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    126

    Default Proper use of a Cave Snorkel

    Click image for larger version

Name:	CaveDiver_With_Snorkel.jpg
Views:	1556
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	16218 Guy Bryant demonstrating the proper use of the cave snorkel as photographed by Gene Page. This piece of life saving equipment can be handy in an out of air situation...just use it to retrace your dive back to the surface by breathing from air pockets on the cave ceiling.

    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    And it's Cave Diver Tactical Black!


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Lmao!!! It was fun to watch them take the photo. I about drowned from laughing so hard.


  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I remember around 1998 seeing two guys that were in downstream Cow. They placed light sticks in each air pocket, and were snorkeling into the cave using the air pockets.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    You guys can laugh all you want, I have snorkeled several thousand feet into a cave in WV. I managed to dive 6000' on a set of 80s by using the snorkel in the long air pockets.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    You guys can laugh all you want, I have snorkeled several thousand feet into a cave in WV. I managed to dive 6000' on a set of 80s by using the snorkel in the long air pockets.
    Vadose perhaps a little less Darwinian that phreatic.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Yeah, I remember the stories of you teaching Abe Davis how to free dive!

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    You guys can laugh all you want, I have snorkeled several thousand feet into a cave in WV. I managed to dive 6000' on a set of 80s by using the snorkel in the long air pockets.

    "Is this thing on?"

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    I'm impressed by the pvalve on the left wrist


  9. #9

    Default

    I'm impressed by his hoglooping...

    Taking choker necklaces to a new level!


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL - USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    I'm impressed by the shiv and custom duct tape sheath....

    - Jeff

    Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts