Guy, is that a old Farallon snorkel?
Guy, is that a old Farallon snorkel?
"Have you ever noticed
When you're feeling really good
There's always a pigeon
That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020
"Into the blue again; in the silent water
Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads
Is it O2 clean?
That is awesome!
Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!
The neck choker configuration was the style we used back in the 70's for the long hose. You breathed off it and if you needed to share air, you would just hand your buddy that one and it would easily uncoil from around your head. If you needed to put it back, simple, just re-wrap it around the neck. No "stroke" hose stuffing required...
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Glad you noticed! That dandy piece of equipment was made by myself in 1976. I took an open water plastic knife "leg sheath" and cut it off so that I had the bottom end. I then cut slots into it to run pieces of inner tube bands through it for easy slide on and off the arm. To reinforce it, I wrapped it in duct tape, which has been replaced several times over the years, especially since plastic tends to crack as it ages. I then took a stainless steel kitchen knife and placed it into my handy dandy sheath. In the event the knife were to fall out of the sheath, it is attached by an appropriate length of twisted nylon. This has come in handy a few times. Especially, when cutting line after having to explore virgin passage. Sometimes you get so excited you can drop your knife. Thank goodness the attached nylon line was there to prevent the loss of my bright and shiny stainless steel knife.
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Bookmarks