Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    40

    Default Finally completed Full Cave

    After experiencing a Cenotes dive on a Mexico dive trip, my wife and I decided to undertake the journey of becoming fully qualified cave divers.

    It was two years ago this month that began our quest by taking a sidemount class.

    We chose the long path, with ample practice between classes and circumstances drew the timeline out even further.

    We have been privileged to meet and get to know some great people along the way.

    Our equipment has undergone countless changes to get it "just right"

    Yesterday we completed our goal. Our "graduation excercise" was to complete the Grand Traverse from Orange Grove to Peacock Main via the peanut tunnel.

    We completed the dive without using stages.

    Wooooo Hooooooo......

    Finally......the journey really just begins


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mindlessly wandering about North America
    Age
    54
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Congratulations!

    ...still playin with Tonka Toys in the sandbox...and blowin bubbles in the water...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Congrats!!


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Also: The Grand Traverse is one of my favorite dives. OG->P1 you get to mostly ride the flow out (not a ton, but helps a bit). Plus, I think the tunnels between Challenge and Olsen are some of the prettiest around.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Congratulations. Now you have the right to practice cave diving in any fashion you desire. Be safe and continue a safe practice. I have never met an expert cave diver. I have dove with great ones but never an expert.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Congratulations!


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Alachua, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Congrats, nice seeing y'all at Peacock the other day...

    Safe diving,

    Rich

    Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorzamora View Post
    Also: The Grand Traverse is one of my favorite dives. OG->P1 you get to mostly ride the flow out (not a ton, but helps a bit). Plus, I think the tunnels between Challenge and Olsen are some of the prettiest around.
    quiet, don't tell people they're so beautiful, then more people will go in there :-P

    congrats guys! glad you made it and look forward to see you in cave country


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Congrats on Full Cave!! Know your limits and have fun.

    Garth

    edit: I guess I should also mention that I also intend to be a fully qualified cave diver some day! There are a lot of fancy dives I have yet to take.

    If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

    http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Miami
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Congratulations to both of you! Doing the Grand Traverse without stages is quite an achievement.

    "I like to do dangerous things safely."


 

Similar Threads

  1. finally full cave
    By huxley in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 11:22 AM
  2. Full Cave ... Finally
    By graepaep in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 02:35 AM
  3. finally completed my DPV class
    By deanme in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 06:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts