Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    The banjo music bothers me at night when I am alone coming out in the dark from a cave dive in some of the backwoods areas. I've been running down the river at night and see campfires on the bank and as you go by they start shooting. I also came up from a dive once at night and a drunk redneck started threatning me because my light was to bright. Luckily his buddies came over and took him away. They started apologizing for him and said that moonshine made him angry and he was just looking to fight. I was standing there with tanks and a scooter still hooked to me. All I could think was I guess I can hit him with this al 40 as I was holding it.


  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Kinda why I like some of the more touristy spots for diving alone at night. I came out of Ginnie one time at about 1 AM on a holiday weekend. As I was walking from the run to my car, the pavilion was packed with a party. Before I could get to my car, they all started applauding and chanting "Scuba Joe!, Scuba Joe!..." Kinda funny actually.

    But I like parking under the lights when I leave my car to fend for itself. I also like the warm showers after diving on a cold night.

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    You could add Telford to the list. I have done it at night, using a scooter to get to the run from the boat ramp.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NYC/TCI-Provo
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Hay Forrest, What 'bout Gaterz?


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danseur View Post
    Hay Forrest, What 'bout Gaterz?
    Never seen any there at night

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    470

    Default

    FYI, the park at Charles Spring closes at sunset.

    Alasdair

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Never seen any there at night
    Forrest, you need to shine the light while above water and look for the eye shine!

    Alasdair

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Homeless, USA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    276

    Default

    There's Crystal Beach Springs (not to be confused with Crystal River Springs). Not that I would recommend diving that cave solo in the middle of the night, but its there.


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danseur View Post
    Hay Forrest, What 'bout Gaterz?
    I was diving cooper river for those big old sharks teeth and gators were everywhere. we back rolled off the skiff with several of them all watching us. I was concerned. The boat captain said not to worry, gators don't eat things in the water, they lie in wait at the water's edge and grab stuff that comes down to drink, swim, etc. So we did a weekend of diving with gators and we had no trouble from them at all. The next week on Discovery Channel I watched underwater footage of SC river gators catching and eating large fish...underwater, swimming after them, very predatory.

    skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NYC/TCI-Provo
    Posts
    629

    Default

    And Ginnie looking even better all the time...



 

Similar Threads

  1. Solo Diving
    By Onebaddago in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 02:24 PM
  2. Solo Diving
    By B-Bob in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 03:47 AM
  3. Solo diving techniques
    By Serota in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 09:29 AM
  4. I found a drysuit at Ginnie last night
    By Gary in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 05:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts