Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 23 of 23
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dcainret View Post
    Jason, we started surveying two weeks ago. I'll definitely let you know when we're finished so you can see the changes due to dredging and flow.
    Thanks, and good luck.

    Jason Gulley

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Jason, so far we have surveyed up to the second restriction. Distance from start of cavern zone to second restriction is 545 feet. After the gate to second restriction depth varies from 115 to 118. We will do a second survey for accuracy so this will take some time but will keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Thanks, and good luck.


  3. #23

    Default

    I'm no cave explorer but when Brian and I dove it with you guys & the ROV/fiber optic cable deal, I remember a longish, single file nearly sidemount restriction which would seem to be the one marked on the map and we popped out in that larger room and there was a slope going down. We just stopped there and pulled cable through and turned the dive. I'd have to look and see what the max depth was but probably 150-160 ish? I found the cave to be sandy and boring, Edd tells me that it just gets smaller and siltier and scarier from there.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Dry cave question
    By phillip1 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 08:24 PM
  2. Ben's Vortex - Can't wait for this cave movie
    By mdax in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
  3. Question Wreck or Cave?
    By Rob Traynham in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 02:22 PM
  4. Trip Report: Vortex Spring Cave 5/4/2008
    By jimdiverman in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 04:10 PM
  5. new cave question
    By ggoodman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 10:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts