Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood_60 View Post
    First thing my OW instructor taught us about scuba diving was there were two kinds of divers... those that pee in their suit, and those that lie. He also taught us that the difference between and OW diver, and an Advanced OW diver was being able to continue finning while peeing.
    yeah yeah everyone's heard that. your instructor is welcome to inspect my wet suits.
    I travel a lot and for anyone who has traveled with peed-in wetsuits knows....it is horrendous to open a suitcase with a peed-in wetsuit. When I bought my new wetsuits about 2 years ago, I vowed I wouldn't....and I haven't.

    ----
    Cave Mann

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Wat Steve is not telling you is he uses a giant bouncy balloon like a drysuit cath...so he does pee it just stays in the balloon...

    BRANDON

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    lol Brandon where do you come up with this stuff?

    ----
    Cave Mann

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Dude, your guess is good as mine...

    BRANDON

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Turtle View Post
    I think it still worth exploring. A smell "for the next several days, and no amount of showering seems to help" suggests to me some sort of chemical reaction.

    Blackchains later mentions that it happens with several different wetsuits. A bacterial issue should resolve with showering.

    I hear what yall are saying but all I'll ask is for someone to record the call for me so I can hear how long the doctor held out before giving out a little chuckle.

    As for you guys that hold it, I don't get it. As soon as I'm in the water my bladder likes to flow. From a science standpoint, there's a reason why so many of us can't hold it. THe increased blood pressure and flow from the activity of setting up and gearing up, as well as the change in pressure as you dive, and temperature fluctuations, you're glomerular filtration rate goes up, making more pee. Tons of little things affect how your kidneys make pee.


  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdax View Post
    ...one of those fufu body wash teen things like axe soap, follow with cologne
    That is just replacing one stink with another!


  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    If it is a bacterial issue, is the OP showering with anti-bacterial body soap? Not all soaps are anti-bacterial.

    There are 3 kinds of people in this world; those who are good at math, and those who are not.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    When I need to kill a bacterial funk white vinegar is my weapon of choice. Bacteria stand no chance. Then wash with whatever the remove the vinegar smell.

    "omg take that out of your signature." ~ pink arrows

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Forrest
    I won this in a raffle and it works great. I am too cheap to buy another but good enough of a craftsman to build my own.
    http://www.divebooty.com/item/10851/...ng_system.html

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    How about turning the suit inside out to let it dry, and drying it in the sun? UV sterilizes.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts