Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72
  1. #41
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    As for you guys that hold it, I don't get it.
    My dives are almost always under two hours. I go three hours without a restroom break every school day.

    I go right before putting my drysuit on. I go after taking my drysuit off.

    I've read/heard way too many stories of UTI's from P-valves. Scary stories. I've never known of a guy that got one from "holding it" for two hours.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    As for you guys that hold it, I don't get it. As soon as I'm in the water my bladder likes to flow.
    As shared earlier, there's really no holding involved. It's not a big deal for me to go 2-3 hours without peeing. I'm sure most would have no issue if they were dry without a pee valve....

    ----
    Cave Mann

  3. #43

    Default

    I plan to bathe in chlorohexadane tonight and wash the suit in anti bacterial dish soap, I will also give DAN a call.

    Frankly I think this is very weird!!!

    Thinking back I have noticed the odor is far less in salt water. hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm???


  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackchains View Post
    Thinking back I have noticed the odor is far less in salt water.
    Sounds bacterial.

    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

  5. #45

    Default

    Ok, I called DAN, no real definite suggestions, other than to try a dive skin, do see if possibly it is a reaction.

    So anybody got a cheap dive skin, large medium, or a small large? Oh yeah clean and never peed in!!!!


  6. #46

    Default



  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    S.W. Florida
    Age
    79
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whodunit68 View Post
    As shared earlier, there's really no holding involved. It's not a big deal for me to go 2-3 hours without peeing. I'm sure most would have no issue if they were dry without a pee valve....
    Steve, try doing that when you get 66 years old.

    Last edited by Sludge; 12-10-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: fix quote

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default


    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #49

    Default

    Henderson, purchased!! Thanks for the link,either that or I just gave you my cc number!!!


  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Throw your suit in the washer with a strong detergent

    For you, buy some Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts