Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    Would love to get a Light Monkey, but I need to use disposable batteries (anybody from Light Monkey listening?)
    http://lightmonkey.us/led_3_backup.php


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    Would love to get a Light Monkey, but I need to use disposable batteries (anybody from Light Monkey listening?)
    Was looking for a higher power for primary. How about a replacement for the battery pack using alkaline disposables?

    If I get off my @$$, I might buy a Light Monkey primary with a dead battery pack (but in otherwise good shape) and build my own disposable battery pack to fit LM housing and wiring.

    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany, Ga
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Why the need for disposables?


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
    Why the need for disposables?
    Disposable income?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Caldwell, Ohio
    Age
    64
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Disposable income?
    Let me guess you will be here all weekend. lol


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
    Why the need for disposables?
    I'm wondering too. What a PITA. I'd rather just plug my light into the charger.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gschaut View Post
    Was looking for a higher power for primary. How about a replacement for the battery pack using alkaline disposables? ...
    Gary, I have a primary that uses alkalines that I will sell cheap.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Next light will be a Light Monkey. Might even let them do an LED upgrade to my old Dive rite. I heard its cheaper than Dive rite doing it. Whats up with that?


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I've heard great things about Light Monkey but my next light will be from Underwater Light Dudes! I've got a couple of friends that had Bobby upgrade their lights and have had nothing but great things to say. Certainly worth looking into if you're in the market and undecided.


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I had great service from them too on my 21W HID. These guys are fantastic! Very satisfied with my purchase and their support.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Win a $1750.00 Light Monkey cave light
    By Curt Bowen in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
  2. wtb: salvo/light monkey 21w light
    By LiteHedded in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 08:14 AM
  3. 3 x Light Monkey Rat Jr LED Backup Light
    By Tegg in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts