Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fire diver View Post
    Well, that may be true. My personal "average" dive has 10-15 foot of vis, with temps down to the 50s (in the summer). I'm happy just to be able to dive, even if it's a farm pond.

    Maybe after I finish full cave, I would put work into finding some of those caves. Right now, it would be a whole lot of work for a VERY short penetration. But we all have our goals.
    You are going to love Missouri! Almost as easy to find dives there as FL, Viz can get as high as 50', temps in the high 50s.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    How does one treat a serious addiction like this?
    I stare a very pond, farm pond, lake, cliff face with stream at the bottom(for resurgence.)

    Need to finish my full cave. But this would be a dream to have a decent wet cave to dive.

    Andrew


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyduck View Post
    How does one treat a serious addiction like this?
    I stare a very pond, farm pond, lake, cliff face with stream at the bottom(for resurgence.)

    Need to finish my full cave. But this would be a dream to have a decent wet cave to dive.

    Andrew
    There are plenty in TX, but most require a permit. You live there, work on the problem

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    You are going to love Missouri! Almost as easy to find dives there as FL, Viz can get as high as 50', temps in the high 50s.
    Yep, I've been in Roubidoux (sp), and want to dive a lot more of them.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    There are plenty in TX, but most require a permit. You live there, work on the problem

    What "Plenty"? I am only aware of a small Few. Two are part of the 'secret-handshake-club' and one starts at the bottom of a very deep lake.

    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

    ...Sometimes you have to give them enough rope to hang themselves, sometimes you have to use that rope as a Garrotte!..

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
    What "Plenty"? I am only aware of a small Few. Two are part of the 'secret-handshake-club' and one starts at the bottom of a very deep lake.
    Those are the only ones that have permits issued. Everywhere water comes out of the Edward's aquifer is a potential cave dive, the problem is the TX law requiring a permit to dive the aquifer at all.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    That sounds like a good cave diving motto- "Work the problem."
    Will do Forest...

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    There are plenty in TX, but most require a permit. You live there, work on the problem


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    I have been looking into that. There is a law in Texas about having access to streams and waterways. Now I just need this refined without the use of buck shot on me.

    Cleric- this is something I have been looking at- http://www.expedition-outfitters.net/id4.html. I am guessing that a guide might be able to point out some interesting places on the river.

    Andrew


    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Those are the only ones that have permits issued. Everywhere water comes out of the Edward's aquifer is a potential cave dive, the problem is the TX law requiring a permit to dive the aquifer at all.


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Smile _Word Is_ !

    lots of caves & caverns in the midwest:....Iowa {Osage} Wisc {Door Cty}
    Munising & surrounding waters.....Lake Superior Sea Caves lake Michigan too. The rivers of Northern Minnesota has some caves as well. Depend on what you want to find ! Lots of history too .....ck the library for info !
    Florida is great, but if logistics are difficult for you, saving a move here, then the next best thing is probably right in your back yard !
    Go for it !

    je


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Geneva Indiana
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Sorry for the lack of travel limits but I was really interested in my local area which I consider MI. , IN., OH., and IL..
    I was just told of the sinks in MI last weekend and got excited with the chance to dive local.
    I have no issues driving that far for a weekend or a couple CAVE dives.
    I just would love to be able to zip to FL more but work and my family do not allow more trips than vacation time will allow.
    However I have met several diving pilots that I have been working on for week end opportunities. It would be cheaper to move if I could get my wife a teaching job! Good luck with that.
    JCG



 

Similar Threads

  1. caves in the pacific north west???
    By adam0321 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
  2. caves in North Carolina
    By adam0321 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
  3. Fossils in North Florida underwater caves
    By saturation in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts