Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    186

    Default Devils Ear System Gold Line Map

    Hi there,

    I'm a fairly new cave diver (a buddy on mine and I just finished intro last weekend at Ginnie). Now, I've been trying to find a map of where the gold line runs through the Devils system but couldn't find it anywhere. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and either tell me or draw onto the map where the gold line runs. (Just informational I will stay within my limitations). Also taking Intro was a very cool experience, it wasn't easy by any means and it really made me fall in love with caves and I hope to take more classes soon. I appreciate your input!



  2. #2

    Default



  3. #3

    Default

    More fun to make your own. Sketch over the Berman map in Paint or something.

    I had great fun highlighting all the tunnels as I explored them over time and I still have a folder full of printouts showing my progress over time, and you learn the cave really well

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ1987
    "But nothing gets accomplished in sidemount!"

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wellington, Fl
    Posts
    182

    Default

    +1 on the Hankock map and another+1 for coloring it in as you go.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior View Post
    More fun to make your own. Sketch over the Berman map in Paint or something.

    I had great fun highlighting all the tunnels as I explored them over time and I still have a folder full of printouts showing my progress over time, and you learn the cave really well
    I actually really like the idea of just marking ones personal progress onto the map. Thanks


  6. #6
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Buy the Hancock map. That map took a long time and is well made.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reavokx View Post
    Hi there,

    I'm a fairly new cave diver (a buddy on mine and I just finished intro last weekend at Ginnie). Now, I've been trying to find a map of where the gold line runs through the Devils system but couldn't find it anywhere. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and either tell me or draw onto the map where the gold line runs. (Just informational I will stay within my limitations). Also taking Intro was a very cool experience, it wasn't easy by any means and it really made me fall in love with caves and I hope to take more classes soon. I appreciate your input!

    If you follow this map, the mainline runs from devils ear, to the lips, by hill 400 (p520), through the arrow above p720, to the maple leaf, to p1265, and out until where it says continued on 1265.

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Gold line to devils eye video
    By Capt. Tyler in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
  2. Colors at the Devils Ear
    By Dominic in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 09:09 AM
  3. Devils Ear / Eye deep section?
    By tdmp in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
  4. Put the Gold Back at Devils
    By wingman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 06:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts