Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the July 4th Social ?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 15.73%
  • No

    55 61.80%
  • Maybe

    20 22.47%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Social Co-Director
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cocoa Beach
    Posts
    583

    Default CDF July 4th Social Attendance

    I want to get some idea of how many to expect. If you are bringing guests, please post and give me the number. Thanks,

    Bob K

  2. #2
    mfascuba
    Guest

    Default

    Me and my wife - kids have lost their desire to go to the socials as they have gotten older - I guess last Winter was the last one for them.

    Mark


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Detroit and Key Largo
    Posts
    466

    Default A bit more info for newbie

    Details? Where will this event be held?


  4. #4
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default


    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I will not be going to the social because the last time i went i felt like an outsider. I am not a shy person and tried to talk to a few people and i guess that because i wasn't in the click i didn't warrant talking to. I do know a few people on the cdf and they are great people. I am not writing this to envoke anyone feeling bad for me because i have a great bunch of friends that i cave dive with. I always try to make new friends where ever i go but i will say that the cdf social was one of the most uncomfortable social gatherings that i have ever been to. If i offended any one i am sorry!!! I just wanted to write this so if you go to the social and see a new face go and talk to that person you never know you might make a new friend.

    Dive the Planet!!!!

  6. #6
    Social Co-Director
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cocoa Beach
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver515 View Post
    I will not be going to the social because the last time i went i felt like an outsider. I am not a shy person and tried to talk to a few people and i guess that because i wasn't in the click i didn't warrant talking to. I do know a few people on the cdf and they are great people. I am not writing this to envoke anyone feeling bad for me because i have a great bunch of friends that i cave dive with. I always try to make new friends where ever i go but i will say that the cdf social was one of the most uncomfortable social gatherings that i have ever been to. If i offended any one i am sorry!!! I just wanted to write this so if you go to the social and see a new face go and talk to that person you never know you might make a new friend.
    I'm not in the "clique" either. I just show up for the food and door prizes If you come this time and talk to me, I'll talk back. Promise !

    Bob K

  7. #7
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver515 View Post
    tried to talk to a few people
    Well, it's obvious this person didn't try to talk to me!

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    I kind of felt the same way till I saw Sludge, but that was pretty late. I really didnt see anyone else I knew, Forrest left early I heard. I swear I seen him at Woodstock. I think a volleyball net, horseshoes, pin the tail on the donkey or something might look more inviting. Ill come this year if the wife goes to Daytona, she does not like socials unless its a quilting bee or something that interests her. Theres another activity for us.


  9. #9
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Bob, 2 maybe's....
    - whats the lowdown on diving at Lafayette..? Or is this more entirely a social event..?

    -Tim


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netmage View Post
    Bob, 2 maybe's....
    - whats the lowdown on diving at Lafayette..?
    -Tim
    Cool dive.. bring a lot of spools with a lot of lines... Great dive but don't expect to see the walls all the time...

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham


 

Similar Threads

  1. Happy July 4th
    By imdown in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 09:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts