Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fort White, FL
    Age
    50
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Of course by taking it off

    I was doing my CCR trimix instructor program the other day. The instructor trainer commented about never seeing someone remove and replace a rebreather mid water before. It is really easy to do once you have everything configure correctly.

    I'll be glad to share over wings or something like that.

    Cheers!!

    Kevin

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    Yeah - by taking it off!!

    Good job btw. Almost makes me want to buy one...

    I hope that you're pushing the heck out of that passage... and that you'll tell the rest of us all about it.

    Doing It Caverkevin

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caverkevin View Post
    Of course by taking it off

    I was doing my CCR trimix instructor program the other day. The instructor trainer commented about never seeing someone remove and replace a rebreather mid water before. It is really easy to do once you have everything configure correctly.

    I'll be glad to share over wings or something like that.

    Cheers!!

    Kevin
    It is a lot easier with the right sidemount CCR

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It is a lot easier with the right sidemount CCR
    - ... and I'll play nicely. I do actually think your homebuilt is a nice piece of kit.

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    "South" Georgia
    Posts
    81

    Default

    impressive video and commentary, great job Andrew!


  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Nice to see you publish the article! This is the kind of good stuff I like to see on the board.

    Everyone spends the first nine months of life in water. The lucky ones make frequent return visits.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Thanks everyone. I'll be the guy wearing a flak jacket on Saturday.

    BTW I have a surprise announcement during my talk...

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Draper, Utah / Ft. White, Florida
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Andrew,

    Nice article. Thanks for sharing. Exciting stuff! Good luck with your presentation.

    Regards,
    Randy

    Randy Thornton
    CCR Cave Instructor, CCR Instructor Trainer
    TDI Training Advisory Panel member

    www.diveaddicts.com
    www.sub-gravity.com
    www.tekdiveusa.com

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    9

    Thumbs up

    An enjoyable read, Andrew. Thanks for sharing it. Wish I could be there this weekend.

    Sue


  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'll be the guy wearing a flak jacket on Saturday.

    BTW I have a surprise announcement during my talk...
    Great! And we have to wait until the end of the day to hear it.

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    ...BTW I have a surprise announcement during my talk...
    Please post it after the talk, for those of us that can't make it.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. Exploration and Innovation
    By Arctic Mike in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 04:50 PM
  2. Ginnie exploration
    By guru caver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:59 AM
  3. Exploration Continued
    By Bobby in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts