Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western North Carolina
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Exactly my perquisites when I was in your shoes. Western North Carolina may fit your requirements. We have mountains, white water, some of the best mountain bike trails on the East coast, and skiing in the winter. Best of all I'm in N. Fl in 6 hours. I am a Florida native but I don't think I will ever live there again. Look into Asheville N.C.

    Regards,

    Charles


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    Oh yeah, we have another one.... but it's hard to get to.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    Come to Montana!! We have one we've been exploring that's a possible record setter. Only a 13 mile hike into the wilderness area, up the side of the mountain about 1/4 mile from base camp, then 3 miles in the cave where it sumps out.

    Oh yeah, we have another one.... but it's hard to get to.
    I was born in Missoula, I can really relate to this post! LOL I hope you have a way to get tanks there, like lamas....

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    well oddly enough i live in eastern nc. sounds like a good idea to move to western nc


  5. #15
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Aren't really any caves to speak of in NC though. East TN, KY, or WV you'd have all that and be closer to the caves.


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    I think you should look into north Georgia. A relatively short drive to everything you mentioned.
    Georgia sucks !

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  7. #17
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chimie007 View Post
    Georgia sucks !
    I was talking about the state, not the university!

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #18

    Default

    The only problem with not living in FL and moving to NC or GA.... State income taxes. I lived in NC (but HOR was FL) and locals bitched a bunch about the State income tax. I have never lived in a State with income tax (that I had to pay)... I kinda like that.


  9. #19

    Default

    I understand there are diveable caves on North Vancouver Island -- friends of mine have dived them. They are remote, not easily reached, and cold. But they are caves. And, of course, we also have great reef and wall diving and wreck diving. And Mexico and Florida are an easy plane flight away. One could do worse, as a diver.


  10. #20
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Here's my plan....take my current total real estate dollars divide by 4...purchase a place in Moab (mountain biking and hiking heaven), a place somwhere equidistant between high springs and marianna (Perry), a place in the pacific northwest (my wife likes it there), and a diesel rv, pulling a wrangler. Then spend time traveling the nw se us diagonal according to the season.

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire


 

Similar Threads

  1. Ear Infections and North Florida Caves???
    By scubagrunt in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 07:51 PM
  2. caves in North Carolina
    By adam0321 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
  3. Fossils in North Florida underwater caves
    By saturation in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
  4. south pacific wreck
    By ltb7733 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts