Update on Peacock and Luraville- Peacock gate was still closed 2 hours ago. There were 2 guys with chainsaws and a bobcat clearing the road inside the gate. Couldn?t see the damage beyond what I could see from the gate. I will check tomorrow morning and report back. As to Luraville area. Linda had power restored night before last (thank god) but Dive Outpost and myself did mot het power back on until this morning about 10. I live close to both of them. Linda was nice and let me borrow her generator after her power turned on (mine broke, bad timing) and after 3 days was able to use the shower Bill had put in the carport when Cave Excursions was open. Nice to have friends and neighbors that stick together. If the gate is open at Peacock in the morning I will check both P1 and Orange Grove but don?t get your hopes up. According to the post at the 51 bridge going over the Suwanee, the water rose about 1 ft between yesterday and today. It is about 6 inches lower than when everything was browned out 2 months ago with tomorrow supposedly being the worst. Originally we were warned to evacuate. That warning has changed and no flooding is expected here


Reply With Quote


Bookmarks