Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default Robert F Burgess

    Does anybody know if this guy is still around? I am looking for him to see if I can use a photo of his for the Cave Diving Museum. Anybody who knows him or his status please pm me. THanks, Cindy Butler

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Age
    63
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I believe you can contact Robert Burgess at the following e-mail address:

    [email protected]

    or by mail at

    Spyglass Publications, 308 West Marion St., Chattahoochee, FL 32324.

    Good Luck!


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Thanks, He has a photo in his book I would like to use. Cindy

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    9

    Default Burgess picture

    Cindy:

    As usual I stay up way too late on weekends, but I couldn't resist the Burgess photo thing. I'm sure you have a copy of his picture from his book The Cave Divers, but in case you don't, I happen to have a few! Some are b & w's not from the book, though. That was actually one of the first books I read that got me really, really interested in cave diving before I knew about FSS, FGS, etc. I knew I wanted to cave dive, but after I read that book, I admit I was truly hooked, especially in the achaeological/ geological sense. That's when I started seriously studying phreatic formations and Karst geology in earnest. I bothered the UF geology department to no end for about a straight year. Hee hee it's funny what drives us folks. By the way, I have a couple of relatively ancient books you may not have at the museum I'd love to donate...I'll bring them over this weekend.

    --Michelle


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Thanks Michelle, I was able to contact him. He's still alive and kicking! I can buy books from his publicher who was in contact with me and very nice. It turns out the photo I need was done by Wes Skiles. I'll have to contact him to use it. See you soon, Cindy

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Third Stone From the Sun
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Hey Cindy,

    Norman Scott, the guy that pumped out the cenote, also lives in Gainesville. Kind of a strange dude, but he has some awesome documentation from back in the day. He may be willing to donate some stuff, but I'm not sure that his stuff is what you are looking for.

    Cheers,
    Jamie

    Why is it that nobody ever says,"I wish I would have worked more!"?

    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

    Jamie Rumph

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    That's cool Jamie, Can you pm me a contact? I can handle strange, all cavers and cave divers are a bit unusual, myself included. Cindy

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts