Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Preston, UK
    Posts
    66

    Default New Survey : St Georges, Montvalent, Lot, France.

    We are a team from the UK. Over the last three years, we have been working in the St Georges Resurgence, Montvalent in the Lot department of France.

    The aim of the project is survey this publicly accessible cave and produce a useful resource for cave divers. The project is on-going, but we now have sufficient information to publish an initial plan and section of the first two sumps. It is available to download from here :

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfo7o0qxk3...1-500_v1.1.pdf

    I hope anyone visiting the area will find it useful. Once the data has been digested and fully-checked for typos we will send it over to Cave Atlas & Plongeesout etc. so it can be made available more widely.

    If you want to follow the progress of the project, we also have an open facebook group which you are welcome to join :

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/835902993089768/

    Steve Clark


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Thanks. We will be im the lot in a week and were hoping to visit St Georges.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Did someone say France ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    Did someone say France ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Yeah, we've already prewarned Sam. I'm sure you'll see more photos of France than you'd like soon from my facebooking better half.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Yeah, we've already prewarned Sam. I'm sure you'll see more photos of France than you'd like soon from my facebooking better half.
    Yes, I have been prewarned but the fact is when are you not talking about France?

    Sam I Am...

    Kindergarten Cave Diver

    "You have my undivided attention until another Frisbee flies by"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Thanks. We will be im the lot in a week and were hoping to visit St Georges.
    Let us know how it is. I will be in the Lot in September.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Great map Steve, thanks to all involved.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Preston, UK
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Let us know how it is. I will be in the Lot in September.
    The rest of the team (sadly minus me) will be around for the week 27th Sept - 5th Oct, staying with Harald (CPS). John Kendall & Co. driving a silver Renault van. They are planning some dives at St Georges, Cabouy and some deeper stuff in St Saveur.

    Please say hello if you bump into them, I'm sure they will be delighted to meet you.

    Steve


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    The rest of the team (sadly minus me) will be around for the week 27th Sept - 5th Oct, staying with Harald (CPS). John Kendall & Co. driving a silver Renault van. They are planning some dives at St Georges, Cabouy and some deeper stuff in St Saveur.

    Please say hello if you bump into them, I'm sure they will be delighted to meet you.

    Steve
    I will leave France 20 Sept, and will be in the UK until 27 Sept. I am planning to dive in Wales, and Somerset that week. Maybe I will see you there

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Let us know how it is. I will be in the Lot in September.

    It was a great trip. I will post a full report soon. We dove St George's and really enjoyed it, especially considering the vis.

    If you're flying with British Airways in September be cautious with what you check. Two weeks before our trip Heathrow had a huge IT crash and thousands of bags were misplaced. We flew home last saturday and just received our bags today. The IT system apparently went down again. We've been restlessly waiting for a week to find out what was going on with our dive gear. Because it was an IT problem, the luggage couldn't be tracked at all. Kind of scary.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts