Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Magnolia Springs

    Just found this in the local news........

    http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2010/jul/2...ark-ar-615938/

    Must be big, they have shut down a GA state park.

    TJ (2)
    When I get out of cavediving, it will be to learn how to use a walker FW

  2. #2
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    According to the comment left on that link, the park is not closed... Wonder which is true? It's not like it would be the first time a reporter was wrong...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  3. #3
    Social Co-Director
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Age
    59
    Posts
    412

    Cave Diver Arrow Gold or Aliens....or aliens with gold....or

    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver256 View Post
    Just found this in the local news........

    http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2010/jul/2...ark-ar-615938/

    Must be big, they have shut down a GA state park.
    Its something valuable or something they want to hide. State park that is supported and maintained by local tax dollars but somehow they can close it and not state why, If its paid for by the local taxes and it is gold they found, should'nt all citizens of Georgia get a cut of it? Go for it Sludge , then you can get a bigger trailer and fill it with more cave diving gear and go dive more places and go to band camp.

    Hostile Member

    Originally Posted by Tegg
    "Every hole is worth a shot."

  4. #4
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    That's a lot of fence to throw up, and keeping security out there 24/7 isn't cheap. An archaeologcal find would make sense in that they're not saying what it is, but that's a lot of trouble for them to go to.


  5. #5
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    An archaeological find consisting of a crashed alien spaceship made of gold.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  6. #6

    Default

    I think I will ride down tomorrow.......with a Nomad and set of LP 45s !!!! Maybe they are distracted enough, with whatever is going on, that I could actually get a dive in !!!!!



    P.S. Just kidding about sneaking in a dive !!!!!!!

    TJ (2)
    When I get out of cavediving, it will be to learn how to use a walker FW

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    An archaeological find consisting of a crashed alien spaceship made of gold.
    as evidenced by the local crop circles and desanguinated cows

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  8. #8
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    as evidenced by the local crop circles and desanguinated cows
    Oh, I thought those were just from you and your buddies having a little Saturday night fun

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  9. #9

    Default

    Actually, this whole business sounds like something Kelly is involved in up to his eyeballs. My contacts with US fish & wildlife won't admit, but don't deny either, that he has been laying thousands of feet of line in Magnolia Springs.

    BD

  10. #10

    Default

    Here is another link about Magnolia.....

    http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/me...ts-almost-open

    TJ (2)
    When I get out of cavediving, it will be to learn how to use a walker FW


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
  2. Ginnie Springs 7 separate springs?
    By MedCop in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
  3. Troy Springs / Royal Springs?
    By jj1987 in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Magnolia Springs GA
    By HomoErectus in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 07:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts