Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    380

    Default I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

    Hey everybody. After a bit of a sabbatical, I'm back. I've spent my absence doing training and working as a contractor overseas. Unfortunately, my only diving in that time has been a few OW dives in the Red Sea. I'm chomping at the bit to get back in the water without that funny salty taste.

    I should be able to make the social at Ginnie....but I have to work until late Friday night, so I probably won't make it until early afternoon since I have to drive from Orlando.

    My 95's still have 10/50 mix in them(and have for about 6 months, WAAAY too long)...so I'll be looking to get rid of that pretty soon. I smell a trip to the Nest coming on.

    Anyways....happy to be home, the life overseas was somewhat disenchanting compared to what I expected. What'd I miss?

    Mike


  2. #2
    Guest

    Default Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

    Welcome back!
    EN Friday?


    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH
    Hey everybody. After a bit of a sabbatical, I'm back. I've spent my absence doing training and working as a contractor overseas. Unfortunately, my only diving in that time has been a few OW dives in the Red Sea. I'm chomping at the bit to get back in the water without that funny salty taste.

    I should be able to make the social at Ginnie....but I have to work until late Friday night, so I probably won't make it until early afternoon since I have to drive from Orlando.

    My 95's still have 10/50 mix in them(and have for about 6 months, WAAAY too long)...so I'll be looking to get rid of that pretty soon. I smell a trip to the Nest coming on.

    Anyways....happy to be home, the life overseas was somewhat disenchanting compared to what I expected. What'd I miss?

    Mike


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH
    Hey everybody. After a bit of a sabbatical, I'm back. I've spent my absence doing training and working as a contractor overseas. Unfortunately, my only diving in that time has been a few OW dives in the Red Sea. I'm chomping at the bit to get back in the water without that funny salty taste.







    Damn boy, what kind of diving were you doing to have a salty taste in your mouth?!


    .

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  4. #4

    Default

    I'm so happy someone else said that.


  5. #5
    Guest

    Default Welcome home!

    Hi Mike ... Welcome home! I was wondering where you went.

    I'm headed to EN tonight and on Friday morning. Send me an e-mail at work if your interested in the Friday trip. 8)


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    380

    Default

    TJ, Chip -

    Wish I could go on Friday, but I have to go back to the real job tomorrow. I'll be out of town until next Thursday. I guess my "vacation", as somebody put it, is over. If there are any plans for the following week, let me know when. I'm off work from the 17th to 23rd, but I do have a couple quick flights scheduled during that week. Morning of the 17th and morning of the 20th. They're helicopter flights(we don't fly higher than 600 feet), so I can dive the day before as late as I want with no problems.

    Mike



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts