Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    :arrowblack Bonnie Cotier RIP

    Bonnie was diving yesterday in Clydach Gorge, Wales. Around 2pm on 23 April, her two partners surfaced, and realized Bonnie was still in the cave. One searched for her until he had to exit due to gas, upon surfacing he sent for fresh tanks, and recovered Bonnie. I understand that she did have some line around her, and that both her tanks were empty.

    Bonnie, and her husband Steve were from VA, and made several trips a year down here. They had recently moved to England, because Steve was stationed there. Her screen name was "goldendog".

    I for one, will miss her greatly. She was such a fun person, and loved life. Here is a link to her blog: http://cavedivinggirl.blogspot.com/

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I'm Everywhere
    Posts
    576

    Default

    This is very sad... How do you not realize your third is missing until you surface, though?


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pink arrows View Post
    This is very sad... How do you not realize your third is missing until you surface, though?
    When we know more, we will open an analysis thread, but some caves in Wales don't have great visibility.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    This is ***SO*** sad. Bonnie was awesome. What a bright spot in the world. Steve's quiet, but a great guy, too. I am *so* sorry for her loss. On Easter. Ian Rolland died a few days before Easter, too. I'm beginning to dislike this holiday.

    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    ..Ian Rolland died a few days before Easter, too...
    All the great ones do.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    I am so bummed out about this. You'd think I'd have lost enough friends to know what to think/say/feel/do. But no! This SUCKS. Bonnie, it was great having you as a friend! You brought something special to the world.

    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Holly, NC
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Another sad lost. I did not know her but I do send my prayers to those left behind.

    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    My condolences to her family. It is indeed sad news.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Looking at her blog, I realize that I met Bonnie and Steve and had a nice chat at Peacock a couple of years ago. Very nice folks - a tragedy. My condolences to her family and friends.

    Mike


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quebec city
    Age
    45
    Posts
    272

    Default

    sad news...

    Etienne Rousseau

    Revo rebreather Instructor
    Cave Instructor
    --------------------------
    http://www.plongeecapitale.com/


 

Similar Threads

  1. Agnes Milowka RIP
    By Dave in forum Memorials
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 12:21 AM
  2. RIP My Best Friend and Dive Buddy
    By Rustykfd in forum Memorials
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts