Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SM Harness

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    178

    Question SM Harness

    I have an extra backplate, harness material and a wing. I want to rigg a sidmount harness. Does anyone have a pic of what it should look like after I am done?

    Ya Gotta Be Tough, If You're Gonna Be Stupid

  2. #2
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Just a note, I suppose you already know not to wedge yourself into anything tight with a backplate? Perfectly fine in more spacious areas although you don't actually need the back plate at all.

    Just take a look at the DR website at their sidemount rig. You'll want the plate on top bungees around the sides over the top of the wing. The real key is to keep the wing tucked in since it will want to slip out and float up. Have someone look at you in the water once you're rigged up to make sure everything is in place.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northeast & FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    561

    Default



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    What part of OH are you located in? I'm just across the river from Cincy, and have a couple of rigs that you can look at if you want (Nomad and homemade rig.) Shoot me an email if you're interested.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I have a home made rig to boat and OW dive in. You basically put the wing between your back and backplate and clip the ends of the wings down to the waist belt with a couple of snaps.
    No bungie needed and it's quite compact, down side is you need to have you weighting dead on as you don't have a wide range of lift because your wing is somewhat constricted. But it dumps fast! It's in AL and I'm in TN so I can't get any pics till this weekend. Most folks opt for the wing on the outside and use bungies to keep it packed in tight.
    I use a nomad to cave dive with.

    If cave diving were Star Wars, who would be Yoda?


 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: DR AL plate and harness
    By cassadaga in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
  2. SOLD : Bladder and Harness
    By DIVEHYPE in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 08:29 PM
  3. Backplate & Harness
    By bob1577 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
  4. Dragon Harness FS
    By Line Squirrel in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 05:49 AM
  5. BP/Harness/Wing FS
    By Trailridgefire in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 08:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts