Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Posts
    22

    Default Sinks in chassahowitzka?

    I got a chance to dive eagles nest this past spring and loved it! I remember my instructor mentioning buford but I did not dive it. During my recent searching for directions to buford (please help with this to!) i noticed mention of a couple other sinks in the area. Could anyone list what all sites are out there and how to get to them? Btw i have full cave and trimix certs, looking for caves, caverns or ow sinks, anything to get wet and explore.
    Thanks in advance!


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Way down upon the Suwannee River
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I know there's not a lot of information on this topic because I've looked for some myself. Further past Buford is a spot known as Warm Spring, and it's very rarely visited from what I can tell. I went once and it was truly amazing; I just poked around the basin a bit but the site was breathtaking. Super clear water and a deep horseshoe-shaped canyon running around the basin. There are a couple of canoes at the water's edge that someone lugged all the way out there- you can use them to paddle around. The sense of solitude and wilderness here is like few other places I've been. Beyond this I believe the water flows down a run into a siphon, then re-emerges at Blind Spring further down. From here it flows overland for quite a while before going back under another time and the emerging at Blind Spring II, where it enters the Gulf.

    Here's a couple videos of Warm Spring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XTH...l=ChrisJohnson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjC...eCoastEcoTours
    Blind Spring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIvW...hannel=jhnmrt1
    And Blind II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxk...hannel=jhnmrt1

    Additionally there seem to be several karst ponds/ windows along the path of the underground water: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhs...hannel=jhnmrt1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk8-...hannel=jhnmrt1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bn-...hannel=jhnmrt1

    Hope this helps!!

    "....The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose fall is marred by dust, and sweat, ....who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Nice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Aston, PA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Is warm springs and little gator the same thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by karstanimal17 View Post
    I know there's not a lot of information on this topic because I've looked for some myself. Further past Buford is a spot known as Warm Spring, and it's very rarely visited from what I can tell. I went once and it was truly amazing; I just poked around the basin a bit but the site was breathtaking. Super clear water and a deep horseshoe-shaped canyon running around the basin. There are a couple of canoes at the water's edge that someone lugged all the way out there- you can use them to paddle around. The sense of solitude and wilderness here is like few other places I've been. Beyond this I believe the water flows down a run into a siphon, then re-emerges at Blind Spring further down. From here it flows overland for quite a while before going back under another time and the emerging at Blind Spring II, where it enters the Gulf.

    Here's a couple videos of Warm Spring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XTH...l=ChrisJohnson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjC...eCoastEcoTours
    Blind Spring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIvW...hannel=jhnmrt1
    And Blind II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxk...hannel=jhnmrt1

    Additionally there seem to be several karst ponds/ windows along the path of the underground water: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhs...hannel=jhnmrt1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk8-...hannel=jhnmrt1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bn-...hannel=jhnmrt1

    Hope this helps!!


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitsap_diver View Post
    Is warm springs and little gator the same thing?
    No, Little Gator is the downstream side of Buford Spring, and it's a short walk through the shallow spring run from Buford. Warm Spring is the resurgence of the water going underground at Little Gator I believe, and it's about a half mile further into the woods from Buford.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Western Ohio
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thank you!!!



 

Similar Threads

  1. Sketchy happenings at Chassahowitzka
    By MarkR in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-05-2020, 08:28 PM
  2. Road closure at Eagles Nest (The Chassahowitzka)
    By Sly-vester in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2018, 03:41 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 07:09 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 10:09 AM
  5. Promise and Go Between Sinks
    By tflaris in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 09:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts