Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default Santa Popped In Early

    We ended up doing Christmas a little early this year and to my shock my girlfriend surprised me with a new dive watch/bottom timer. I think I’m going to have to marry this one.



    And I guess I must have done some real Santa butt kissing this year because I have also landed a complete, out of the box brand new rig with a pair of HP100s. Not shown is the new drysuit underwear and the new 0^^$ drysuit fins.





    Now I'm not really a bragger but I had to a little just because I think this qualifies as a very good ending to an otherwise very very tough year.

    Merry Christmas-Happy Solstice-Happy Hanukah-Merry Yule-Happy Kwanzaa-Merry Gift Exchanging Ceremony Day-and Happy Holidays to all of you on the board. I hope you all enjoy these next few days with loved ones.

    ~Gibby~


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Nifty!

    My "Santa" has brought me some nice scuba/cave/kayaking related gifts over our time together too. My "Santa" doesn't believe in candy, flowers or jewelry.....he goes right for the GOOD stuff.

    Our first year together he brought me a set of Faber 95's, Highland Bands, and a Halcyon manifold. A co-worker asked me if I got anything good for Christmas like a tennis bracelet or something. I took her out to my truck and showed her "my tennis bracelet". She thought it was a hoot....a woman happy to get tanks for Christmas.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    My employer is the same way.

    He just noticed my watch and as snooty as he is, he had to ask how much they cost. I replied between 3 and 5 hundred and he snickered and showed off his new rolex. 2K with a silver band cobalt face gold hands and a diamond at the 12o’clock position.

    I told him "With all the money you spent on that, rolex couldn't throw in the numbers for free? Hell man you got ripped off. Look, it's 76 degrees in here right now. And for that matter turn the lights off and I can still tell you it's 10 am."

    Hardware is so cool.

    I’m glad you scored.
    Have a great holiday


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Default Santa

    Gibby,
    The Citizen 'Pro-Mariner' dive watch is a fine piece of technical equipment, & I will not dive without mine....It not only tells you how deep/how long/how much deco/ but will also allow you to up-load a complete diving log profile to your laptop or your desktop PC. In my opinion, this is the most valuable piece of gear to have. You'd better tie the 'knot' with your girl friend, because she has nothing but the best in mind for you. I don't kow you guys, but I'll wish you a Merry Christmas anywho-!
    Dive safe



    Jack E.

    http://cavediver.net/photopost/data/...ium/Graph1.jpg


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Thanks Jack.
    Her time to tie the knot is coming soon.

    The proposal will be video taped and posted to the board because it is going to be spectacular.

    With the watch, she knew I was looking for a backup to my Nitek 3 and I'm glad I didn’t spring for the OMS bottom timer last week. This model doesn't calculate deco and I'm fine with that because with the gas switching of the N3 it would be whacked out anyway. It did come with the download kit but I'm not sure how it works yet or how it compares to the Nitek's logic downloader. Either way I'm happy with it.

    I also have to say thank you to microtruck for assisting her with the watch selection. Good Job! And you will take my extra manifold and bands as my Christmas present to you. Your money is no good here. You are a great friend and an awesome dive buddy. We both work very hard in this world just to keep our families happy, safe, taken care of and convinced that we are coming back for some hole in the ground in some swamp somewhere. So much so that we both have to struggle to sneak off and dive for a day just to come home to wives and girlfriends complaining about how we stink of sulfide. You deserve to catch a break every now and then. SO . . . STFU and put your doubles together so we can go diving. I will allow no more conversation on the issue. Oh yeah and if you think you are going force or slip the money to me anyway . . .
    I'll give it to your wife.

    Thanks


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    She thought it was a hoot....a woman happy to get tanks for Christmas.
    Well yeah! I got dive underwear (early). Nice and toasty warm last weekend. Yay. Earrings just don't work quite as well.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    LOL

    Angie, I had to read that twice.


  8. #8

    Default

    I have a feeling that there's a new AL40 and a reg under my tree.

    She gave me the Citizen dive watch 6 years ago and that's still going strong.

    Christmas rocks.

    R


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Crystal Beach, Fl
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Gibby,
    Congratulations and Merry Christmas... Thank you for the Christmas gift and I will assure you that the money that you won't let me give to you will be put to good use on other new gear. As far as the diving and friendship, Ditto. I am sure we will be diving together for a long time to come.

    Merry Christmas to all.

    Microtruk


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default mine is better

    All right you all.... you can brag all you want about your fabulous dive computers and doubles and manifolds and such that your loved ones got you for christmas or Haunaka or whatever crazy holiday you happen to celebrate, but I think my brother topped the cake with his present to me.... how many of you can say that a family member bought you a year's supply of condom catheters? I mean this is the gift that keeps on giving all year long. Every time i'm in some cave or diving wherever and I have to take a piss, my brother will be the first person I think of.... now that is special! Who says having a doctor in the family is only good for a free prescription or a couple of much needed stitches? Urination control devices are a gift from the heart... i only wish you all could experience such deep unconditional love.

    -Matt



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts