Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default pocket on suit with sidemount rig?

    Anyone done this? I'm diving the Armadillo and considering adding a pocket to suit.
    .thanks


  2. #2

    Default

    I dive an old modified ScubaPro rig. I have thigh pockets on both legs of my drysuit. It works well. To reach into the pocket remember to pull your arms in toward your chest and reach from underneath the tanks which pushes a tank outward. You can reach from over the tanks but it's not easy........


  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Yeah, what she said. Just run your hand down your leg.The pockets should be standard SM or BM.

    "Is this thing on?"

  4. #4

    Default Pockets

    I've found the zipper pockets hard to work with in sidemount. The velcro ones seem to much easier to get into.

    Ryan.....

    This is the most boring and non-humorous signature line ever.

  5. #5
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default Re: Pockets

    Quote Originally Posted by REastman
    I've found the zipper pockets hard to work with in sidemount. The velcro ones seem to much easier to get into.
    agreed.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  6. #6
    Guest

    Default

    Since my SM tanks rest against my thighs, I had a notebook pocket (thin) put on top of my left thigh, and a standard, big pocket on my right, but angled in towords the front a bit, about 18 degrees. Works much better than on the sides where my tanks rest. Velco pockets both.


  7. #7
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    I can reach mine from either side, it may have to do with how the tanks ride. The Armadillo looks like it will carry them lower than other harnesses so you may need to look at positioning the pockets differently.

    Or I suppose you could always mount them on the tanks somehow.


  8. #8

    Default

    I dive the Armadillo and have a left leg pocket on both my wetsuit and drysuit. I have no problems accessing it and usually carry two backup lights, a safety spool, and wet notes in it.

    I like the pocket because it gets things off my rig and stores them nicely in an accessible and streamline area.

    Dave
    www.divingindepth.com


  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster
    I can reach mine from either side, it may have to do with how the tanks ride. The Armadillo looks like it will carry them lower than other harnesses so you may need to look at positioning the pockets differently.

    Or I suppose you could always mount them on the tanks somehow.
    Maybe my arms are just too short.

    Edited to clarify: Thigh pockets are fine. Velcro flap is fine. It's just easier to reach under rather than over the tanks. It's a drag getting your arm stuck between you and your tank. Then you get to swim around in a bedding plane feeling like one of the Three Stooges. What a drag.......


  10. #10

    Default

    I've got pockets on my DUI suit and have no problems getting in there when sidemounting other than the industrial-strength velcro which makes them hard to open.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts