Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ellisville FL
    Posts
    137

    Default Qualitative Statements Related to Cave Divers and Relationships

    Thanks to everyone who participated in my doctoral dissertation research. The data collection was fantastic. I look forward to sharing the results this summer. I could use help in one more area. Since the nature of this study is exploratory my committee would like to include a handful of qualitative statements related to cave divers and relationships as personal communications. You can comment on your own personal experience or experiences you have observed frequently in other cave divers. You can PM or email me at [email protected] with your statements.
    Please understand if I use your input in my dissertation I will have to cite you as follows. The APA Publication Manual (6th ed., p. 179) indicates that personal communications include letters, memos, telephone conversations, some electronic communications (e.g., e-mail or messages from nonarchived discussion groups or electronic bulletin boards), etc. Personal communications are not cited in the reference list, but are cited within text as follows:
    D. Walch (personal communication, January 19, 2007).
    (L. Brothen, personal communication, June 6, 2004).
    FYI – Since the nature of my study is exploratory and there were gender differences in the literature review I was limited in this study to only male cave divers. Once I defend my dissertation in May I will open the study to everyone else. Thanks again for being patient.

    Bill Oigarden
    Those who say it can't be done are always passed by those doing it!
    www.cavedivinghistory.com
    www.oigarden.com

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I am locking this thread so Bill's research isn't compromised. You can send him a PM if you have a comment.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. CDS Platform Statements are out
    By cavedivingreport in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 06:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts