Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default 10W HID Project Light.... $100

    This is a project for someone who is knowledgeable of underwater lighting... this is originally a Dive Rite H10 handheld 10watt HID light purchased in 2005 for around $300 (i think).... I had some issues with it shorting out a few years down the road and Dive Rite would not warranty it. I tried to take it all apart and rewire it, however I learned this is not my specialty area and was unsucessful. I have purchased a new battery pack (1.5 years ago... $60) and a new HID bulb (since I dropped and broke the original... $90) included. Not pictured is the dive rite charger (standard light charger sold with all canister lights) in additiona to these items: adapator to charge using that charger, canister, HID bulb, all wiring and connectors, extra connectors from radio shack, battery pack, and everything in the picture. If you have questions, feel free to email me... other wise, asking $100 for everything.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	HID 5.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	5024Click image for larger version

Name:	HID 4.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	5025Click image for larger version

Name:	HID 2.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	5026Click image for larger version

Name:	HID light.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	5027Click image for larger version

Name:	HID 6.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	5028Click image for larger version

Name:	HID 3.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	5029


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default OBO

    or best offer...


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    The HID didnt hold up on the handheld which is why it was discontinued. Have you priced the LED conversion kit for it? If no one wants it thats what I would do. A cavediver from OP? Have we met?


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default led

    I hadn't even thought of a conversion to LED... funny I was just talking to a guy at Cave Adventurers that is running a site called http://uwlightdude.com/ and specializing in LED canister light conversions. I never really had a great use for this light when it was working... I typically carried it as a "primary" backup in a butt mounted pouch... it really started getting use when my wife, then girlfriend, was learning to dive and cave dive... then it started crapping out. Maybe I should talk to that guy about what it would cost to convert.... good idea. I guess I just hate the idea of the money I spend on the new HID bulb and battery and that it hasn't been used yet.

    I don't think we've met...we just moved to Fleming Island, but perhaps we should hook up for a dive sometime... my wife goes out of town in a couple weeks... let me know what you're up to.

    Matt

    Last edited by FW; 10-23-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Fixed link

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Age
    55
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    funny I was just talking to a guy at Cave Adventurers that is running a site called "underwaterlightdude.com" and specializing in LED canister light conversions.
    I tried your site Matt. I think you meant... http://uwlightdude.com/

    Gear can and should be perfect every time you arrive at a dive site. (Bill Gavin art.)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    yeah, it is.... he told me the other day that he was going to add "underwaterlightdude" as an alternative site domain....


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I fixed the link in Matt's post.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stairman View Post
    The HID didnt hold up on the handheld which is why it was discontinued. Have you priced the LED conversion kit for it? If no one wants it thats what I would do. A cavediver from OP? Have we met?
    You mean there are at least 2 cave divers from Orange Park....

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Age
    59
    Posts
    857

    Default

    I am uwlightdude.com . I have been guiding for the last few weeks and now I am helping Linda with REACT and running Cave Excursions East for a couple of weeks. I will try and get online daily and can be reached on my cell as well if anyone has questions about LED upgrades. The site is a work in progress and I hope to get some time to add content in the near future.

    To the OP I am sure I can upgrade the hand held to a killer LED. Give me an idea of what burn time you want out of it and I will let you know how much light output you can get with it.

    Bobby

    The Light Dude
    Innovation through exploration

    Local Zip Code Diver


 

Similar Threads

  1. 10 Watt HID project Light
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
  2. FS: Salvo 10w HID light
    By L.A. in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 08:18 PM
  3. Used 10W HID Light
    By Rich in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 12:45 PM
  4. FS 10W HID light
    By JR in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
  5. FS: UK Light Cannon 100 Professional HID
    By fun2dive in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 09:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts