Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Negative PR

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Most divers don't expect to ever be bent. I didn't... up until I got bent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Yes, but I wouldn't have made that dive.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    getting bent seems like a matter of when, not if
    Sludge, you better go out and blow off some deco and just get it over with


  2. #22
    Social Co-Director
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cocoa Beach
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Yes, but I wouldn't have made that dive.
    Wouldn't have mattered for you. To get bent, I think you have to actually consume compressed gas underwater. With a SAC rate of .01 or so, you obviously don't !

    Bob K

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ???

    I make about thirty dives a year at Jackson Blue. I've never been bent and I don't expect I'll ever BE bent.

    Dude - find some wood to knock on or something ....... that's almost like saying you'll never have a motorcycle wreck (i.e. not if, but when ....)


  4. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    getting bent seems like a matter of when, not if
    Who knows? I started deep air diving in the late 80's, ala Gentile and the crew. Stuff we would consider stupid now. A thousand dives later I was into nitrox and trimix. A thousand dives of that, I haven't gotten bent. I am pretty concientious about my schedules and such, but it may be just pure luck more then anything. Some people just seem predisposed to DCS, gas related incidents, etc.

    "Is this thing on?"

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    Is there a cave diver who's got their Abe Davis in Florida and HASN'T gotten bent? If so, I'll submit they've spent too much time at Peacock...
    HEY !!!!! (snarl)

    Just cus I am happy with Peacock ... (er...)

    I tend to err on the side of conservatism anyway...I leave the exploration to the pro's.

    Jason: thanks for the interesting words. Well said.

    Beano Baggins

    P.S. So YES , we're around...

    Last edited by jeandiver; 03-11-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    people have been bent at peacock too
    it happens :P



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts