Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    301

    Default

    The hose clamps are less than 1/32 of an inch thick, the latches will still lock... at least the two differnt lights here (a wreck canister and a Slimline) I just tried it out on. I put the clamps under the latching portion of the locks although it would work as Markus described as well...along the top. Either way will get you "more" canister to hook the long hose under.
    Cool. I'll try that when I get home. I'm diving tomorrow. Thanks.


  2. #12
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    452

    Default Another option

    I actually have problems with routing my hose under my light (which is mounted on my waist). It ends up putting the hose too low for me to easily deploy (average size woman, small arms I guess). To fix the problem I just stuff the hose in my belt, after everything else is attached, and it is very easy to hand off.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valdosta,Ga
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Just breath off the long hose!!!!! End of problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (All give some, Some give ALL . Semper Fi) Safe Diving (JAMMER)

  4. #14
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    St Pete, FL
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer
    Just breath off the long hose!!!!! End of problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    umm....

    We are talking about what to do with all that extra hose while we are breathing off of it (which is even more of an issue when not breathing off the long hose, say when breathing on a stage or when breathing the short hose if there were a second stage failure).

    Don't you tuck the extra legnth somewhere, or is it just floating along behind you?
    ; )


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer
    Just breath off the long hose!!!!! End of problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    I have a slimline HID canister.

    I bungee and stuff my long hose down the side of my tank and switch regs back and forth on my independent backmounted doubles.

    Works really well and I've had no problems with the slimline canister at all.

    The slimline canister is also very nice when I butt mount it for sidemount. But then I either don't have a long hose or I'm bungee'ing it down the side of my tank (on those rare occasions I'm diving sidemount with a buddy and they for some stange reason insist on diving with a manifold - poor sad souls).



  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    OK to be better behaved...

    I've heard a lot of divers who find the canister to be a poor loop point for their long hose routing just tuck the bottom end of the loop in their belt in the vicinity of the canister.

    General opinion is that it deploys easier that way and is more secure. Also more adjustiable to divers of different body lengths.

    I guess you also don't have to worry about the light canister being too small to hook a hose around properly.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valdosta,Ga
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Oh sorry I wasn't thinking I guess I had my head up me arse LOL but no I do not tuck it I do it just as if I was breathing off it but I a have a bungee I slip it into on my upper D-ring on right shoulder. I have never had a problem and it is very easy to see and deploy.

    (All give some, Some give ALL . Semper Fi) Safe Diving (JAMMER)


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts