Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aw View Post
    Or maybe his announcement was a disguised advertisement to others that he's been to the hinkle in Devil's. All in an effort to boost bravado?? Kind of like someone's desire to spread gossip at church by disguising it as requesting prayer for someone else. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
    I'm confused as I can't follow to whom you were referring. Was it Doug Chappell (the OP)?


  2. #22
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Andrew, you need to read the thread "How'd you get your screen name" in the Buddies Forum.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  3. #23
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Andrew, you need to read the thread "How'd you get your screen name" in the Buddies Forum.
    Yes and then maybe he will tell us how he got his. Enquiring minds want to know...

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    southeast florida
    Posts
    289

    Default Diving this weekend

    Bill, i will be around Peacock and Ginnie this weekend doing some RB diving. hope to see you there


  5. #25
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver View Post
    Bill, i will be around Peacock and Ginnie this weekend doing some RB diving. hope to see you there
    Hey Jeff, i will look for you. Not diving indian i guess.

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Alachua, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,584

    Default Ha Ha....

    I almost spit my reg out laughing when I saw what was written on the back of that "DPV slate" tonight....

    Safe diving,

    Rich

    Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I almost spit my reg out laughing when I saw what was written on the back of that "DPV slate" tonight....

    Safe diving,

    Rich
    Thats funny because I saw the Back first and was confused until I flipped it over and saw the front =D


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I almost spit my reg out laughing when I saw what was written on the back of that "DPV slate" tonight....
    Is this a disguised advertisement to others that you have been to the hinkle in Devil's. All in an effort to boost bravado?? LOL

    I don't know why they call it a sign. I was expecting a real sign....not a small slate floating in the current.

    Still don't get why they changed it to a white line.... Maybe the SS can't follow a white line but my scooter runs as well following white lines (in OTHER part of the system) as gold lines...

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  9. #29
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chimie007 View Post
    Still don't get why they changed it to a white line.... Maybe the SS can't follow a white line but my scooter runs as well following white lines (in OTHER part of the system) as gold lines...
    Impossible. ALL DPVs have the "safety" program to cut off once out of the vicinity of gold colored line.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Alachua, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Impossible. ALL DPVs have the "safety" program to cut off once out of the vicinity of gold colored line.
    Damn and there I was thinking they were the "wealthy man's scooter", so much for that

    Safe diving,

    Rich

    Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves


 

Similar Threads

  1. Found at Devil's Eye 9/7/08
    By Daedalus in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
  2. Too many primaries at Devil's eye.
    By chimie007 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 07:54 PM
  3. Found light at Devil's Eye
    By Kevin Gonzalez in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 10:50 AM
  4. Devil's eye permanent line
    By perryL927 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts