Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31

    Default

    "As a Divemaster I once stepped off a training dock with my air off; no air in my wing, and wearing over twenty pounds of lead. In that instant I called myself many names, it was a very humbling experience."

    I bet all 20 pounds of that lead are on the bottom, eh?


  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroxWarrior
    I bet all 20 pounds of that lead are on the bottom, eh?
    I was wearing a Zeagle BC; and did not want to pull "the cord."

    I was that damn mad and determined that I swam to the surface and then grabbed the dock. The surface Dm was quite surprised at my sudden apperance and request to turn on my air.


  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default Disposable dive computer-

    Dive computer for Ow divers that runs for twenty dives and then locks down.

    You take it back to the dive store and turn it in for a rebate, or pay a second amount to unlock some of the goodies. Kind of like the VR3 process.
    More training and experience the more you can unlock.

    I have talked to many OW instructors and they love the idea, but getting any training agency and dive computer manufacture to agree is impossible when they show up with lawyers. Not to mention the Dive Computer have mentioned that they were afraid of loosing market share- Yeah right.

    Here’s the best part the cost should be $100.00 to the new diver. Rebate should be $20 and the key activation is what the market "would bare."

    Returned computer could be put back into the dive shop program.

    Andrew


  4. #34

    Default

    it would be on the market for a month before the internet would be liittered with guides to hacking it.


  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Keller, Tx
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroxWarrior
    it would be on the market for a month before the internet would be liittered with guides to hacking it.
    How does VR3/ VR2 combat this problem?


  6. #36

    Default

    I dunno, chech the internet for hacking guides. i'm sure many ppl have done it...


  7. #37
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Actually, you'll find that with tech dive items "hacking" will be less common. The reason is that not enough of a "gain" takes place for the hacker.

    One hacks software/hardware for the challenge and the notarity. If no one uses the hacked item, why hack it?

    You most likely won't find any hacks for the VRX computers. If so, I would be very surprised.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  8. #38

    Default

    Their would be a "gain" in hacking a computer you have to pay to get updated.

    I still beleive all you need is a good kenetic watch(like a seiko) and a schedual on the back of your slate, so I dont think a real fancy computer is completely necesary...



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts